Hardware Network Architect - Cheadle Hulme | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Hardware Network Architect
Cheadle Hulme, Stockport, England
Permanent (Full time)
Hardware Network Architect
Location: Cheadle, Greater Manchester (Flexibility to work from home with travel to Thales Cheadle site for business requirements)
Would you like to work for a world-renowned department that research, develop and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better and keep us safer? Do you want to be part of a team of specialists that are designing solutions that make tomorrow possible, today? Then look no further… )
What the role has to offer:
* Working on leading edge technology
* Opportunity to get involved in developing how we use cloud networking technology
* Ability to see your design in service
* Opportunities for growth and progression
* Working in a dynamic, diverse and highly supportive multi-disciplinary team
* Opportunity to get involved in products for the future
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Hardware Network Architect to join Thales Anti-Submarine Warfare in Cheadle, Manchester who design and develop sonar products and equipment for Navy’s in the UK and internationally
You will be responsible for designing and developing architecture for sonar systems networks, for new products, the upgrade of existing products and supporting customers with network requirements. You will also be responsible for networking together various pieces of hardware to integrate sonars into combat systems and carry out more specialised requirements capture and management through to network design, implementation and execution of the requirement validation activities.
You will be part of an integral and dynamic team and as a Hardware Network Architect you will work closely with other discipline teams in the production and completion of architecture tasks, who are currently working on the inboard processing for UK and international customers, upgrading of mine warfare fleets and working with UK customers on sonar studies
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
* Specify, Capture and Manage the requirement set.
* Define the Project Network architecture including definition of all protocols, Quality of service, addressing scheme and security measures.
* Focusing on the major electronics subsystems of Sonar systems which includes the processing systems, Ethernet networks, consoles, audio systems and high power transmitters.
* Define the Network Test & Integration Strategy.
* Agree the Integration, Verification and Validation Methods.
* Support the Thales team working on the projects throughout the lifecycle.
* Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
Thales is committing to hiring individuals with a “can do” and positive attitude with a willingness to learn and improve on skills and knowledge. Listed below are some of the key attributes, experience and skills we are looking for:
* Hardware Network Architecture Knowledge or a Project Engineering background ideally within Defence
* Significant experience of network design/architecture
* CCNA/equivalent qualified
* Significant experience leading engineering activity through design lifecycle(Capture, Design, Implementation, Test)
* Experience of designing IP based Networks and network security knowledge
* Linux experience (command line/scripting).
* Proactive “can-do” mentality, logical approach to problem solving as well as the and the ability to work in a team environment
What We Can Offer
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Thales is an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of Thales.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now