Systems Engineer - Nottingham | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£30000 - £40000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
LexisNexis is looking to recruit a Systems Engineer II to work on Cloud-based, high volume, high-speed systems, which supply data to the Insurance Industry. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual with a passion for technology to join a highly experienced team in our Nottingham office. The team has a great ethos, works very collaboratively and supports each other.
Previous AWS/Cloud experience is desirable along with scripting experience such as Python or automation tools (Ansible, Terraform).
This is a varied role with strong focus on cloud automation (IaC), security, responding to incidents and general system improvements and maintenance.
The successful application will join an existing team, and their package will include great benefits and a competitive salary.
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience desirable
• Previous industry experience working in a team supporting or building infrastructure
• System administrator or developer background with 2 years+ experience is desirable
• Experience with cloud technologies
• Knowledge of Linux systems including RHEL or CENTOS and general deploying, maintaining and upgrading Linux based systems.
• Scripting/development knowledge such as Python or automation technologies .
• CICD/Pipeline exposure using Gitlab-CI or Jenkins
• Experience with Docker is desirable
• Familiar with some agile working methodologies
• Apply basic problem-solving skills to resolve technical issues for ongoing projects.
• Designing and implementing new technologies and solutions.
• Ownership and delivery of regular maintenance tasks such as system patching.
• Diagnose system performance problems.
• Ownership of agile user stories with the dedication and determination to see them through to completion