Senior Pricing Analyst - Colchester | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Pricing Analyst
Colchester, Essex, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Pricing Analyst to join a future facing MGA with a focus on both standard and niche product offerings.
Geo Underwriting operate across several Personal, Commercial and Specialty lines of business for both the UK and international markets. This role sits within the Personal division which comprises Household, Let Property & Motor and is responsible for the technical pricing across Household and Let.
Home based with occasional travel.
Is this role for you?
In this role you will be required to liaise with a range of stakeholders within our business internally and externally. You must have previous experience working with personal lines and highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
You will support the technical pricing model development using advanced analytics and sophisticated model monitoring within Geo Underwriting, contributing to the profitability of the MGA by delivering revenue targets whilst protecting capacity providers financial results.
- Contribute to the development of business plans objectives for Household and Let in line with the vision and long-term goals of the company. Support the overall Personal Lines business plan and strategy.
- Support the development, build and maintenance of market leading pricing models including their continual refinement and improvement via predictive modelling, machine learning, strong model monitoring and automation
- Stay up to date with emerging data and pricing techniques
- Work with Underwriting on risk appetite, product development and innovation to ensure that pricing models have the appropriate level of underwriting input before deploying into live environments
- Support the build of effective tracking, monitoring and reporting frameworks with ongoing responsibility for its upkeep, accuracy and consistency of use
- Support the development of visualisation / reporting tools using predictive techniques to optimise the value gleaned from the data available
- Monitor performance against agreed targets, identifying opportunities and risks when KPI’s are adverse or favourable to target
- Communicate effectively and build trusting relationships by understanding and meeting expectations of key internal and external stakeholders
- Constantly develop knowledge and skills by undertaking training in line with agreed development plan including mandatory training and keep up-to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of various learning materials.
- Embrace change delivers and drives new solutions and innovation within a team environment by considering wider options.
- To conduct the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong experience working in Personal Lines pricing
- Experience using Willis Towers Watson pricing software Emblem and Radar
- Strong experience building and automating data visualisations including the management and manipulation of large data sources . personal lines aggregator-based quote data
- Proven track record of embracing and working in a fast-paced environment of constant change.
- Excellent business acumen, results focused, commercially minded, and an ability to thrive in a high paced goal driven environment.
- A passion to make a difference and add value for our customers
- Strong knowledge of predictive modelling techniques including GLM and GBM and other machine learning techniques preferred
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of the UK Property Insurance market
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly numerate
- MS Office Suite. Advanced user of MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- WTW software - Radar Base & Live as well as Emblem
Benefits Of Working With Us:
Our Group is fast paced and constantly changing, which makes it an exciting place to work. Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible benefits