Instrumentation Engineer - RH6 0NZ | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
RH6 0NZ, Crawley
Contract (Full time)
Our Client are looking for a Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer. This is a 1 year contract min. to asap.
The position holder (based in the UK Gatwick office) will act as lead on complex / critical engineering activities and deliverables. The individual will be responsible for leading and undertaking Electrical and Instrumentation engineering activities and deliverables within the team. You will work closely with the Project Engineering Manager, other engineering disciplines and other project support functions to execute the project in accordance with the as sold requirement and Client expectations.
• Evaluate customer inquiries and specifications in support of the proposal team to determine the best Electrical / Instrument requirements for the application. Includes determining the required scope of work to be provided and developing the best strategy to win the technical proposal.
• Specify and design E&I equipment to match specifications or clearly define differences (clarifications or exceptions list) to customers.
• Creation of all E&I feed/project deliverables in accordance with the Cameron and Client requirements.
• Prepare Oil and Gas Electrical design basis and specifications/datasheets for all Electrical Equipment in compliance with client requirement and international codes and standards.
• Review / comment on complex PFDs and P&IDs and Perform Instrument and Electrical Equipment sizing calculations.
• Participate in client HAZOP.
• Produce Installation, Operating & Maintenance Instruction manuals.
• Develop Electrical and Instrument equipment data sheets.
• Prepare Electrical Single Line Diagrams
• Follow engineering project schedule, coordinate design work with the global resource as applicable.
• Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree (BEng or BSc) OR a Master Degree (MEng or MSc) Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering.
• 10+ years’ experience in the Design and Selection of Electrical and Instrumentation Equipment within the Oil & Gas industry (or potentially the Power Industry).
• Experience in electrical power and grounding systems, LV switchgear, motors, VFDs.
• In-depth knowledge of national and international codes (IEEE, IEC, NEMA) and standards for oil field process equipment design, field installation and start-up procedures.
• To be highly competent in electrical and instrument design and specification.
• Familiar with the specification and installation practices of hazardous area equipment in accordance with international certification standards such as IECEx, ATEX and UL.
• Experience in the specification of instrumentation and package PLC systems would be advantageous.
When the office reopens they will be expected to be office based 3 days per week