Health & Safety - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health & Safety Business Partner
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Job Role: Health and Safety Business Partner
Location: Home based with site travel
Job Sector: Health and Safety
Hours: 35 per week, Monday to Friday
As Health and Safety (H&S) Business Partner, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's**favourite** property manager by:
Providing strategic H&S support to the business via the managerial line; specifically, but not limited to Regional Managers, Operational Directors, and wider teams.
Aligning and implementing H&S strategies with the commercial direction of the business whilst maintaining statutory compliance
Developing and maintaining a true business partnering approach with central support functions . Asset Compliance, Procurement, Learning and Development, Communications, Business Development, Learning & Development etc.
This role reports into the Head of Health and Safety and has no direct reports
You have an innovative and forward thinking approach to problem solving, particularly in complex scenarios, and significant experience in Residential Property Management, Building Services, FM, or Commercial sectors.
As a true expert, you are able to demonstrate experience of partnering with directors and senior leaders and delivering an exceptional service. As well as being capable of coaching managers with problem solving and empowering them to have the confidence to make their own decisions.
Being semi-autonomous you have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritising workload according to risk and business need.
You are commercially focussed and adept in terms of responding to requests for support from partners or external agencies. You also have the ability to quantify, evaluate and manage risks arising from routine and non-routine problems
Communication comes naturally, and you are a confident, articulate communicator - both orally and in writing; able to build relationships with all employees, from site-based colleagues to directors.
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.
- Supporting the main property brands through effective business partnering
- Ensuring teams have the requisite competence to prepare for and undertake action planning resulting from internal/external audits
- Actively seek out and promote best practice, and ensure effective communication of learning outcomes from incident investigations
- Continually demonstrate an appropriate level of challenge and support to all business leaders, external suppliers, and colleagues regardless of seniority.
- Maintain accurate commentary on deficiency notices, incident, and accident records required for monthly board report for their regions; report on and monitor RIDDOR events
- Act as the lead Business Partner for a number of internal functions and/or external service providers such as Primary Authority Scheme partner.
- Act as a subject matter expert for a designated area of the safety function . Fire Safety, Water Hygiene, Asbestos etc.
- Attend and actively contribute to meetings as required, typically, H&S Team Meetings, Senior/Regional Leadership Meetings, Safety Committee Meetings, Technical Review Meetings etc.
- Investigate significant accidents and incidents and assist managerial line in conducting investigations as required
- Escalate serious risk and non-conformances via the appropriate managerial line
Friendly- We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive- We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful- We listen, cons