Accountant - Colchester | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Accountant - R2R (Events)
Colchester, Essex, England
Permanent (Full time)
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The Accountant is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Prepare, reconcile and analyse the monthly management reports; Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. Details include; reconciliations, accruals, allocations, revenue downloads, pre-payments, variance analysis, commentary
• Financial Analysis
• Perform Balance sheet reconciliations
• Financial Reporting and Analysis including, budget/forecasting, working capital, Group Finance reporting, supplementary packs and ad-hoc requests
• Publish financial results in the relevant finance systems
• Ensure communications are handled between the SSC, Group finance and the Business Teams
• To be involved with any acquisition integration/due diligence
• Working on projects within the SSC and department including key process testing & systems
• Assist in the accounting integration of new products into the SSC accounting structure and systems
Analyse and solve Adhoc problems using knowledge of business and systems
• Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (. stock)
• Process intercompany transactions
• Review bad debt, accruals and prepayment calculations • Treasury postings and reconciliations
• Budgeting, forecasting, modelling and analysis of direct cost base and divisional recharges (Global Support team only)
• Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
• At the latter stages of qualification or ideally newly qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Good working knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
• Good understanding of all R2R processes including best practice in R2R, people, processes and technology4 Informa PLC
• Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
• Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
Good presentation skills
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law