Office Administrator - Leeds - This Area Only | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Leeds - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Office Administrator - Leeds
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
The Office Administrator is responsible for all administrative functions within the Leeds office including filing, typing, minute taking and specifically PA support for the Regional Director & Senior Management team for Newcastle, Leeds, North West Business Units. The Administrator takes a leading role in the organisation and efficiency of daily office operations, completing multi-level tasks in a professional and timely manner.
* To assist the Director/Senior Management/Framework Quality & Compliance Lead with collating statistical information and the production of management information using a variety of bespoke systems
* To assist the Director/Senior Management with presentations, reports, letters, writing and editing
* To assist the Director/Senior Management with organisation of logistics for business travels (itinerary, forms of transport, hotel etc…)
* To assist the Director/Senior Management with meetings coordination/organisation, venue rental, food and beverage logistics (if required)
* To manage the booking of conference/meeting rooms to ensure that they are prepared as required
Office coordinator function
* To support the Operational Team (North); raising and processing of order requisitions, delivery sheets and daily record sheets for overhead expenditures
* To monitor and order stationary and other office supplies and to ensure the maintenance of all shared office equipment
* To act as office coordinator for landmark court (welcoming visitors, ensuring compliance with Covid-19, visitor and staff logging and other internal office rules, coordinating staff queries and requests relating to office needs (stationary, equipment, seating arrangements etc.)
* To act as Colas representative for the external cleaning companies (cleaning services, window cleaners etc.)
Admin team support
* To assist other member of the North Admin team in executing their tasks to cover for holidays/sick period
* To assist the Admin team with the management of display boards in Landmark court regional Hub
* To coordinate training within the Network Team (North), liaising as necessary with the Senior Management/Operations Manager, Works Supervisors and the HR Team
* To act as induction officer for new starters at the Leeds office
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
* Competitive pension contribution
* 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
* Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
* Ongoing training, and personal professional development
* Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have excellent organisation and communication skills with the ability to manage deadlines from all levels of employees. You will be able to effectively plan, allocate and supervise all issues relating to the management of the office, with a flexible and adaptable approach to both working times and variation of duties.
You will also have:
* A proven ability to work on own initiative with minimum of supervision in a professional and confident manner
* A proven ability for attention to details and determination to see tasks through to completion
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
* Some Working knowledge of health and safety.
* Customer facing experience.
* A good work ethic.
* The ability to work within a team.
* Knowledge of the industry.
* Good written and oral skills.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met