Corporate Programme - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Corporate Programme Quality Manager
West Midlands - This Area Only
40911.0000 - 45004.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Your new role
Support the Head of Quality Management and Assurance and the Director of Programme Management Office in delivering excellence in quality management, working with key internal & external stakeholders to create a robust, locked-down, set of processes and procedures and supplier quality performance measures, managing the implementation of these, supporting implementation in the wider Programme team and driving measurable improvements in quality performance.
What you’ll be leading on
- Working with the Head of Quality and collaborating with colleagues, develop a Quality Management and Assurance approach for the Programme, to guide the development and implementation of the Quality Management strategy and Quality Management System.
- In conjunction with the wider team establish and refine a Programmatic Quality Management strategy that is specific to the Programme and consistent with corporate standards, that ensures control and ensures that risks due to quality are highlighted and driven to conclusion; to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and deliver the Programme and its constituent Projects.
- In conjunction with the wider team develop, implement and maintain a Quality Management System and associated management processes and tools that are compliant with local legislation, ISO 9001:2015, Highways England corporate standards and any applicable regulations or codes of practice to deliver the Quality Management strategy and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain a performance measurement & improvement framework to drive noticeable improvements in supplier and programme quality outcomes
- Support the Programme Management Office and wider programme team / service areas in the application and interpretation of the QMS, providing training, advice and guidance to build capability and embedding the QMS is into business as usual. Work with external stakeholders and consultants where required to embed new corporate-wide processes and tools.
- Carry out or support, as required, Technical Reviews and Reviews of implementation and compliance with controls, working with nominated quality leads, service areas and the supply chain and supporting the Corporate Assurance team where required. Support the preparation of reviews for the Programme Senior Management Team considering suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of controls, and areas for potential improvement. Provide updates on the implementation of controls, identifying any issues or areas of non-compliance or ineffectiveness and associated remedial actions.
- Attend and support Quality Management Communities of Practice, to share best practices and support professional development.
- Plan and manage own Continuous Professional Development to ensure that your personal technical knowledge & skills, and awareness & understanding of industry best practices, is relevant and up to date.
To be successful you’ll need
- Professional qualifications in quality management, audit or supplier management
- Knowledge of and experience in ISO 9001:2015
- Experience of working in a complex programme and project environment
- Experience of delivering quality management in a complex organisation, including supplier quality assurance
- Experience of carrying out audits
- Experience of capturing and analysing Quality Management data both at a project and programme level
- Experience of training and / or coaching others to develop and put into practice quality management knowledge and skills
- Track record of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
A bit about us
SMP has been created to deliver a network of smart motorways across England and will account for 23% of Highways England expenditure over the next five years. We will deliver technology driven solutions to tackle congestion, improve journeys and add much needed capacity on key parts of our network.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible