Procurement Assistant - Leeds - This Area Only | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Leeds - This Area Only
£20000 - £25000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
To provide exceptional and efficient buyer support and administration services to the Procurement and Business Services Team. Providing support and guidance to colleagues in adherence to the policies and procedures, to promote the importance of third party expenditure to achieve best value outcomes, and ensuring service delivery excellence, which is trusted and valued.
* Provide support for all procurement requests received and communicating to requestors based on the outcome whilst provide advise and support to colleagues of the procurement lifecycle framework
* Maintain documents relating to the Framework and work with Category Managers to ensure internal customers and stakeholders comply with organisational procedures and processes.
* Support the development of RFx documentation and lead the e-sourcing process for tactical requirements. Including, evaluating Supplier responses, contract negotiation and drafting and RFx feedback.
* Create savings and improve efficiencies through negotiations with suppliers for tactical contracts.
* Manage, maintain, and develop the contract portfolio and lead on tactical renewals, contract extensions and terminations.
* Provide spend analysis to support category planning and opportunity assessments and Identify opportunities for purchasing goods and services that create value outcomes
* Purchase to Pay activities for the Business Services (operational) supplier portfolio.
* Updating and maintaining the property portfolio, including ownership of supplier relationships relating to facilities and operational services.
The Ideal Candidate
* Experience in an Administration/Buyer role within a facilities/operational environment.
* Experience of working to tight deadlines whilst producing consistently accurate work.
The following experience would be desirable:
* Experience in healthcare, insurance or legal background.
* Experience of category strategy development, vendor management, procurement and budgeting.
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19 most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and will adapt a hybrid working approach in the future.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
* 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
* Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
* Private Medical Insurance
* Health Care Cash Plan
* 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays