Surveyor Japanese Knotweed - Hounslow | 29712 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Surveyor Japanese Knotweed
Hounslow, Greater London, England
Up to £37440 per annum + vehicle, package
Permanent (Full time)
Our client specialise in the control and eradication of Japanese knotweed, its hybrids and other non-native invasive plant species throughout the UK
We are loooking for a Seasonal Surveyor - Greater London this based is a mobile role with a company vehicle provided. Surveying Japanese knotweed on commercial or residential properties covering the greater London area and including areas across the UK. The role includes travelling and some staying away overnight from time to time. Employed from April to November on annual basis
The salary is £3,120 per month + package
- Surveying and identifying knotweed within a commercial or residential property.
- Discussing knotweed and related problems with clients on site and answering their many and varied questions, meaning client liaison is a crucial element to the role.
- Measuring knotweed contaminated areas and identifying its location on the property.
- Taking note of neighbouring knotweed as far as is reasonably possible.
- Taking photos of the site/knotweed areas and drawing a detailed site plan on an OS map.
- Filling in a survey form collecting as much information as possible and clearly relaying all the information back to the office promptly and on the same day.
- Using Sharepoint and emails to report information back to the Sales and Operations teams.
- The number of surveys per day will vary but on average will be two or three each day.
- Other tasks from time to time will include chemical treatment of knotweed by knapsack or injection, exploratory digs, and assistance on excavations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of surveying and identifying Japanese knotweed.
- NPTC Card PA1 & PA6 Herbicide spraying certificate.
- CSJK qualification is preferable but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Education, background or experience in horticulture/agriculture.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work and a drive to provide a quality output.
- An excellent focus on customer services.
- A full driving licence.
- Good IT skills and the ability to use a tablet.
Skills and Qualifications Which Can be Trained:
- Certified Surveyor Japanese Knotweed (CSJK)
- CSCS Card and H & S Certificate.
- PA6AW - Spraying near water certificate
- PA6INJ - Stem Injection treatment
- Asbestos awareness training course
- Emergency First Aid
- Lone working awareness
- Manual handling
- Working at heights/harness safety
- Based from your home address, you will be predominantly working alone travelling to pre-booked activities and sites. The tasks and activities are arranged and co-ordinated by a support team.
- The visits will require you to adhere to the programme of visits, this will mean travelling from your base of work to multiple sites in the day.
- You will be the first person in the company the client will see so creating a good impression is vital.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees and public/clients on the site.
- Completing accurate site investigations, digitally recording findings and measurements, taking a detailed record of photographs and completing a schematic survey plan.
- Occasionally working in a team of 2 to carry out works on larger sites that may involve specific H&S protocols.
- Travel will mean considerable mileage to many locations and occasionally to other parts of the UK outside of your area. From time to time you will be asked to stay away overnight. The accommodation is sourced and paid for by the company and there is a stay away allowance of £30.
- You will be provided with a works van and the fuel, a mobile phone and a tablet to enable you to communicate remotely onsite and deliver the information back quickly, but you will need internet access to enable you to communicate from home as required.
- This is predominantly a lone worker role.
- You will be provided with all tools, equipment and materials necessary.
- Training and on-the-job training where necessary will be provided.
Hours of Work
The role is Monday to Friday. The hours per day/ week will vary to meet the demands of the job. As a minimum we expect a working week of 40 hours, 8 hours per day, a 30-minute unpaid lunch break must also be taken daily. The nature of the business will mean there will be variable working hours and as part of this role you are expected to work additional hours Monday to Friday in accordance with the needs and the requirements of our client for which no further remuneration is applicable and is reflected in your salary.
April to November- returning on contract year-on-year.
The holiday entitlement for the duration of the contract will be 15 days, plus bank holidays that fall within the contract period.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...