Security Officer - West Midlands - This Area Only | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
The security officer performs safety and security duties across the city centre campus (International Convention Centre, Utilita Birmingham), conducts foot patrols and responds to emergency situations as appropriate. The security officer renders assistance (including first aid) to staff and visitors to campus. The security officer is instrumental in crime and theft prevention/reduction through active community policing efforts which include but are not limited to making building visits and having positive interaction with the public, tenants, and staff.
- Maintains a safe and secure campus environment for staff and visitors as well as campus buildings, facilities, and grounds by regularly patrolling assigned areas, reporting violations to the appropriate parties, securing and locking buildings, rendering assistance, and responding to emergency situations as appropriat.
- Timely and accurate reporting of incidents
- Assists in responding to weather, fire, medical, and security emergencies as well as natural disasters by following procedures prescribed in the SOI's / IEP for those emergencies or as directed by the Duty Security / Operations Manager
- Renders assistance to injured staff, and visitors to campus by obtaining and maintaining certification in and first aid, performing CPR or rendering first aid to the injured person(s), determining the need for medical attention beyond the capability to provide, contacting the appropriate control Room to facilitate emergency medical attention, and remaining with the injured person(s) until relieved by an appropriate medic
- Promotes a positive image of the campus by providing directions and information to staff, and visitors to campus regarding campus safety, security, locations, facilities, and activities
- Keep up to date with departmental procedures or policies, particularly regarding unique or special upcoming events, and ensure effective handover between shifts
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the departmental heads. Contributes to the overall success and morale of the Department by adhering to the departmental / OCS Policy and Procedures Manual and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned in a professional manner
To be successful in the role, you will need:
Level 2 Functional Skills or equivalent
SIA Door Supervisor
Experience in a security / Traffic role - preferably within the private sector
SIA - Door Supervisor License
What will you get in return?
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
We are the largest family-owned facilities management services company in the world and we deliver over 70 accredited services internationally.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.