Relief Groundsman - Bury St Edmunds | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
£9 - £9.21/hour
Contract (Full time)
Relief Groundsman - Vertas Group Limited
£ per hour
Bury St Edmunds
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-service facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is putting our staff and customers at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Relief Groundsman to join our Bury St Edmunds Team. If you have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and want to make the difference then apply for this role today.
Main responsibilities for the Relief Groundsman:
* Supervisory role (for example, allocation of duties, work rotas)
* General maintenance of sites (for example, grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves, hoeing, pruning, strimming, planting, weed control using chemicals, seeding, etc)
* Setting out and overmarking of sports pitches and upkeep of artificial/synthetic surfaces
* Use of the usual range of tools and equipment and the use of powered hand tools and ride-on mowers
* Oversight of the correct usage and maintenance of equipment and vehicle
* Interpretation of plans, site preparation, soft and hard landscaping
The Relief Groundsman will have:
* Highly motivated
* Experience of commercial or amenity horticulture
* Good communication and liaison skills
* Clean current driving licence
* Possession of PA1 and PA6 Pesticide Application Certificates
* Knowledge of fine turf surfaces
* Understanding of the technical aspects of grounds maintenance, ie, specifications and health and safety requirements
* Good plant knowledge
* Horticultural qualification
* Experience of towing a trailer
* Experience in Grounds Maintenance
* £ per hour
* Minimum of 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Shopping discount scheme with LifeWorks
* And much, much more!
If you are seeking a new opportunity and want to join an innovative and exciting company please click on the apply button below to make the difference today.