Senior Project - United Kingdom - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Project Manager
United Kingdom - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Vitality, Senior Project Manager, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With + UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As our Senior Project Manager, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Senior Project Manager (SPM), you will be responsible for executing change within the time, budget and scope for high value or complex project deliveries. The SPM will also provide creative solutions to manage ongoing change requirements through the life of the project. The SPM will have Line Management responsibility for other Project Managers in team, supporting and coaching them and accepting accountability for the quality of their outputs.
Key responsibilities of our Senior Project Manager will include:
- Undertaking direct line management of up to 6 Project Managers
- Supporting Project Managers with their ongoing role education and personal development
- Stretching team members across Portfolio Change in terms of knowledge and skills
- Producing and owning the 1 and 3 year Vision Statements for the Project Management Team aligned to Business and IT Strategies
- Identifying training needs and seek best approach for achieving
- Promoting Project Management Best Practice and industry standards
- Owning the resource allocation of PM’s to projects, assuring the right skills are available and development opportunities are taken
- Acting as the escalation point for all Projects in flight
- Managing the Operational budget for the Project Management Team
- Supporting the Head of Portfolio Change with managing the overall Portfolio Demand, working closely with other Heads of as Peers and colleagues (Head of Testing, Head of BA, PMO Manager)
What we’re looking for in our Senior Project Manager:
- A bachelor’s degree, or related experience in operations, IT or product development
- Evidence of the ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organisations across multiple sites with a proven record of success
- Experience in helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful portfolio outcomes
- Proven problem-solving, decision-making and financial skills
- Appropriate knowledge of the regulatory and quality requirements for the financial services industry
- Effective business-development skills, including proposal development and preparation
- Practical experience of different project methodologies
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th August 2021
Working for Vitality, you will experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Project Manager, then please click ‘apply’ today