Financial - Kingston upon Thames - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Kingston upon Thames - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Financial Accountant,**Kingston-upon-Thames, Permanent
£36,000 plus benefits
25 days holiday + bank holidays**
Great opportunity to work for a for a Fortune 1000 listed company. An organisation offering progress, development and growth for its employees.
The newly appointed Financial Accountant will handle day-to-day accounting processes, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany transactions and play an integral part in month-end closing for UK & Ireland entities. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic finance team in a varied and challenging role. Reporting to the Finance Controller, the role covers a range accounting functions, including statutory reporting, tax, treasury and ad-hoc special projects.
The successful candidate will play a key role in helping to develop a new back office accounting system. This role will also work closely with the regional EMEA finance team, the EMEA Shared Service Centre and the . Corporate Headquarters.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and compliance with accounting policies, US and UK GAAP and SOX requirement
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including intercompany reconciliations, bank reconciliations, AR & AP reconciliations, accruals and prepayments
- Preparation and posting of month end journals
- Ownership of the intercompany month-end process
- Responsibility for all fixed asset accounting including maintaining the fixed asset register
- Assist with Treasury functions, including cash flow forecasting
- Assist with VAT, corporation tax and other taxes as instructed
- Preparation and finalisation of annual statutory accounts for UK entities
- Support accounting related projects . finance process & systems improvements
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in fulfilling specific compliance requirements for the statutory and regulatory reporting
- Work with . Corporate Finance to provide accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial information, adhering to all required deadlines
Required Experience & Skills
- Part-Qualified or Qualified - CIMA/ACA/ACCA (or QBE)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- A dynamic self-starter with a proactive approach to challenges
- Strong account reconciliation experience
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change
- Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills - individually and collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality work and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and work with new processes and systems
- Integrity and assertiveness when dealing with complex / business critical issues
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.