Workshop Engineer - Bradford - This Area Only | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bradford - This Area Only
£18533 - £19500/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Workshop Engineer - Basic salary of £18, - £19, depending on experience
Immediate vacancy – no lengthy recruitment process!
Permanent, full time -40 hours per week – – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
You will be part of a small team and reporting to the Workshop and Installations Supervisor, this is a varied, and at times, very busy environment. This is where all equipment (snacks and hot drinks vending machines) are prepared for business customers throughout the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
* Preparing all hot drinks, snack and can machines and water coolers for installation into customer premises.
* Refurbishing machines replaced by new models - this may involve many activities including cleaning, re-programming PCB boards, adjust/change coin mechanisms and change givers, basic internal/external repairs, setting grams throws for drinks (coffee/tea strength), replacing faulty/worn internal parts.
* rebranding - respraying, application of graphics.
* Be involved in quality checks of new and refurbished equipment prior to despatch
What we are looking for:
* Some background in basic assembly/basic engineering type tasks
* Enthusiasm to learn all aspects involved in the above activities
* Reasonably fit and able – you will be expected to move large vending machines around at times and they can be heavy!
* An ability and desire to use your hands to fix things
* Good basic numerical and verbal literacy – GCSE maths/English desired or equivalent
* Reasonable IT skills – we use the Microsoft suite of packages and also other in-house software
* Good approach to teamwork
What we offer:
* A stable, family run company – we celebrated 50 years of success in 2017
* 21 days holiday per year, 29 including bank holidays plus a birthday holiday after 6 months employment. Entitlement rises with length of service to 24 days max.
* A good salary – dependent on experience, range from national minimum wage for a trainee up to £19,500 for a candidate with experience
* Free parking on site
* Free hot drinks and subsidised snacks and cans
* Pension scheme
* Company social events