Bookkeeper & Accounts Assistant - Hastings | Zoek UK | 618a548c471a4586954bfa85e15f81fa
Bookkeeper & Accounts Assistant
Hastings, East Sussex, England
£25k per year
Permanent (Full time)
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper looking to work with a dynamic successful retail business?
Sussex Beds is an award winning bed retailer with 10 stores across Sussex and Kent; their focus on culture and innovation have helped to buck the trend and improve sales performance despite the challenges over the last 6 months; with aspirations to expand to 40 stores over the next 10 years you would be joining at an exciting time, who, are at the heart of everything they stand for as a family run business.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Bookkeeper to assist the Finance Director in managing day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organisational skills and accuracy are important for this position, as well as good supplier relations and the ability to communicate clearly.
The ideal candidate should...
- Be AAT Qualified
- Be experienced working in finance and accountancy sector
- Have a good working knowledge of SAGE, this is essential
- Have the ability to produce monthly management accounts
- Be able to check invoices, pricing and queries
- Be able to prepare and submit VAT returns.
- 100% Committed - Willing, highly self-motivated with a positive work ethic.
- Honest - Reliable & trustworthy
- Teamship - Be willing to help and advise other team members, communication is key
- Caring - Considerate, helpful and supportive of everyone we meet whilst at work, whether it be suppliers or colleagues
- Responsible - No excuses, everyone owns up to their mistakes.
This critical role is 5 days a week.
You will be based at our Head office in St Leonards on Sea and your hours will be 9am-5pm
Posted 40 days ago