LGV Driver C & C+E - Lewsey | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
LGV Driver C & C+E
Lewsey, Luton, England
£34413 - £38868/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Are you ready for an exciting change where no two days are the same?
Are you a LGV C&E licence holder wanting to develop your career within the supply chain and logistics industry?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Here at Nagel Langdons, we have an exciting opportunity for a LGV Driver C & C+E to join our team based in Luton. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis, we have various posts, days and nights available which will be discussed further at interview stage. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,413 - £38,868 per annum depending on the shift pattern worked. There is also a potential to earn more with additional overtime and discretionary payments.
This is an exciting position as you will find yourself in a number of locations on one day and then be delivering nationally the next!
Whether it’s fresh consignments or frozen goods we have it covered! Nagel Langdons can deliver to almost any location in the UK or Ireland within 24 hours. We have 9 depots and over 375 lorries carrying chilled and frozen food all over the country. We’re the only company providing a 24-hour service of this kind, and we’re very good at it.
Benefits of becoming our LGV Driver C & C+E:
- Early start payments/late finish payments applied when applicable
- Company uniform provided
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Modern fleet of vehicles with Bluetooth capability
- Premium heated seats in the cabs
- Optional overtime available
- Long Service Bonus Payments
- Annual pay review
- Company sick pay
- Free inhouse CPC Training
The LGV Driver C & C+E role:
Your role will be to ensure that customer goods are collected and distributed in a safe, cost-effective and efficient manner.
What you’ll be doing as our LGV Driver C & C+E:
- You will drive company vehicles efficiently, legally, safely.
- Ensure vehicle check procedures are fully conducted and recorded prior to and post journey times reporting any defects where appropriate.
- Interpret and apply routing information to maximise journey times and routes where necessary.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of vehicles in accordance with customer requirements and company procedures.
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Address any factors that affects the ability to drive safely.
- Ensures all manifest and related proof of delivery paperwork are fully completed, signed and returned to relevant colleagues.
Qualifications and experience we’re looking for in our LGV Driver C & C+E:
- Minimum of LGV Cat C Licence (C+E Licence to drive articulated vehicles and in date)
- In date Driver CPC Qualification Card Holder and fully functional Drivers Tachograph Card
- Extensive knowledge and application of driver rules, regulations, food safety and health and safety procedures
- Be able to compile, analyse and interpret relevant data
Skills and abilities we’re looking for in our LGV Driver C & C+E
- Able to use tachograph equipment and complete manual entries
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to be organised so that key tasks can be completed fully and on time
- Ability to remain calm and make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to work to set targets and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven arithmetic skills
- Effective working unsupervised for long periods and in a team-based environment
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our LGV Driver C & C+E, please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you