Principle Design - City of Bristol - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Principle Design Engineer
City of Bristol - This Area Only
£55000 - £60000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Principal Design Engineer
The Principal Design Engineer will be supporting a gas turbine project where we are carrying out the feasibility and concept study of a LP turbine for a civil turbo-prop application. The successful candidate will work alongside the current team to develop the LP turbine rotating and/or static components ensuring that the project delivers on time and to specification.
Feasibility and concept design of allocated components.
Delivering to project plan.
May be required to travel to China for customer meetings.
At least 10 years’ experience in gas turbine design projects.
Knowledge of Turbine systems from the following perspectives:
* Requirements capture,
* Generating, evaluating and down-selection of concepts,
* V&V identification,
* Understanding manufacturing processes and how they influence the design,
* Understanding and experience in FEMCA to establish failure modes,
* Understanding and experience of DFMEA and relating to PFMEA and process risk,
* Excellent communication and presentation skills,
* Excellent UG NX Modelling and 2D SCHEME drafting skills, and
* Must be able to work autonomously to achieve the teams/projects objectives and must demonstrate capability through experience.
Basic knowledge of FE codes to be able to size components.
Specific Toolset/ software requirements
MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)