Senior Stakeholder - Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Stakeholder Manager
Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Your new role
Senior Stakeholder Manager
What you’ll be leading on
- Lead a project team to deliver engagement, communications and consultation plans across the RIP North programme.
- Act as the focal point of contact for senior stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure buy-in and support to overall delivery of our projects.
- Act as the key interface with Highways England corporate and regional communications teams, develop effective relationships and ensure regular sharing of information and good practice.
- Influence the development of innovative communication and engagement approaches to support the maturity of the project team and the wider organisation.
- Management of suppliers, defining and evaluating performance against defined delivery plans, and adherence to all Highways England processes.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on policy, process and systems relating to stakeholder management and effective communications.
To be successful you’ll be:
- Leading an integrated project team of stakeholder and communication specialists to provide support to the Highways England project teams across the North.
- Oversee the development and delivery of stakeholder strategy and communications plans on nationally important and complex infrastructure projects/programmes.
- A good knowledge of working on complex infrastructure projects and delivery activities.
- Work closely with communications, media relations, public affairs and customer services.
- Manage external suppliers; confidently engage with colleagues at all levels.
- Deliver an efficient customer service, being capable of prioritising and delivering tasks to tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in heading up a large, dispersed stakeholder management function covering a wide range of issues.
A bit about us
The Major Projects Delivery Services division provides a central, integrated project and programme management office for the Major Projects Directorate. It is responsible for defining the standards, processes, systems and governance arrangements that will be used throughout the Directorate for the delivery of projects and programmes. Major Projects Delivery Services is also responsible for raising the level of professional capability in all project and programme management service functions. It also enables, advises and supports other services which are provided across Major Projects Directorate.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.