Head of Procurement - East London | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Head of Procurement
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Do you want to transform the transportation and delivery service industry? Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Would you like to participate in ground breaking initiatives related to Transportation? Then, this is the role for you.
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Sr. Manager to lead Line Haul’s Procurement function. In this role, you will drive the negotiation with key vendors to introduce new services and procure assets that will support the growth of the Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation network. You will lead a team of Procurement Specialists, and will be responsible for defining, scoping and implementing initiatives to also source Carrier capacity in alignment with the Amazon Transportation Services EU strategy while satisfying performance and budget goals. You will work on defining the business strategy to transform the current transportation environment while influencing Senior Leadership on the direction for the Middle Mile business.
The responsibilities of the Head of Line Haul Procurement:
· Drive strategy, prioritizes projects/initiatives and feature sets, as well as align and sets stakeholders expectations for Amazon. This requires interaction with Amazon’s WW operations and technical teams.
· Develop the procurement strategy to engage and negotiate with large vendors to introduce new services.
· Develop and implement the assets procurement strategy for assets such as trailers and power units by working with key OEMs.
· Set up the structure and process required for Carrier procurement including processes such as tender creation and carrier selection.
· Lead a team of Procurement Specialists and will participate in recruiting activities.
· Work closely with a team of Program and Product Managers to drive the collection and implementation of requirements, ensure alignment with corporate objectives and contractual obligations.
· Define, prioritize and plan the resources and technical requirements needed for programs to be delivered on time.
· You will be required to have clear, precise, and regular communication with all stakeholders. This includes ongoing project/program status reports as well as capturing requirements.
· Set up key Procurement KPIs to measure, monitor and improve metrics such as Total Cost of Ownership and Supplier base diversity.
· Introduce innovations to make step changes towards sustainable procurement, including Identifying, developing and delivering procurement innovation leading to improved stakeholders and customers’ experience.
· Monitor project execution and ensure that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with its target date, ensuring the overall integrity within the program.
· Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams
· Bachelors degree
· Experience working within procurement departments closely related to the transportation industry
· Experience managing a team
· Fluent oral and written English communication skills
· Project management experience in a related industry
· Experience developing and refining technical and business operational processes and influencing business decisions using data analysis.
· Advanced Excel skills
· Experience on sales, and/or product development is also highly recommended, as far as within the transportation sector.
· MBA or MS in Engineering, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Economics, Procurement or Statistics.
· Proficiency with analytics tools such as TABLEAU, Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge.
· Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
· Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
· Fluency in German, French, Polish, or other European languages
· Six Sigma Experience.