Warehouse Operative / Driver - Chippenham | 6255 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Warehouse Operative / Driver - Permanent
Chippenham, Wiltshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Warehouse / Delivery Driver - Chippenham - Permanent role
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- 60% in the warehouse and 40% on the road helping and assisting with deliveries.
The role will entail printing off orders in the morning from the warehouse management system, picking the items if stock in the warehouse ensuring it is clearly marked once picked, then going back on to the computer to ensure stock movement is adjusted and then creating the picking sheet in to a delivery note for driver.
You will also be completing stock control and stock audits (manually).
You will also at times be using your forklift to unload the deliveries from the lorries.
General and Task Management
- Take delivery of goods and supplies
- Check for damaged or missing items
- Store goods appropriately
- Pick and pack orders for dispatch
- Move stock around either by hand, using lifting equipment or a forklift truck
- Load goods for dispatch
- Ensure delivery of materials to production lines in accordance with
- Input data regarding stock and inventory into a computerised system
- Keep accurate stock records
- Carry out stock counts as and when required
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Handle any hazardous materials in an appropriate manner
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
- Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value
Skills and Attributes:
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Ability to accurately complete paperwork and count stock items
- An understanding of health and safety requirements
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- No experience may be required as training may be undertaken on the job
- A forklift truck licence and / or licence to drive assisted lift equipment is
Working Monday to Friday, -
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...