High Level Technician - Eastleigh | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
High Level Technician - Rolling Stock
Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
£23.12 - £30.00/hour
Contract (Full time)
Job title: High Level Technician (Rolling Stock)
Job location:South West London OR Eastleigh
Shifts:4 on 4 off. (24/7 Operation therefore you MUST be flexible - Days, Nights, Weekends)
Hours per week: 50 hours per week, Over time available.
Rolling Stock:AVENTRA, Class 701
Industries considered:Rail, Rolling Stock, RAF, REME, Army, Navy, Marine, Avionics, Rolling Stock
Disciplines considered:Electrical Engineer, Ex Forces Avionic Technician, Marine Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Breakdown Engineer, Electrical Test & Commissioning, Electrical Test Technician, Warranty Engineer, Test Lead, PICT and Reliability Technician
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as part of a small technical team, you will be required to assist the Fleet Operator to undertake / supervise mechanical & electrical maintenance, detailed fault finding and repair on the Class 701 Aventra family of trains. Successful applicants will be responsible for ensuring that any maintenance undertaken at the depot is completed in accordance with the company's processes, procedures and comply with all safety regulations. This is Safety Critical environment and all tasks undertaken will need to ensure that the operator can achieve and maintain the reliability and availability targets set for the trains. The candidate will also assist the Operator when failures occur during service, and resolve any issues on the network.
The candidate will need to provide high level technical support to the operator which will include:-
· Provide train systems engineering advice for the vehicle as a whole and for the key vehicle systems (such as TCMS - train control system, HVAC, propulsion, brakes, doors, on-train communications etc.)
· Optimisation of the maintenance on trains as per defined balanced examination schedules
· Helping customer with detailed fault finding and diagnostics
· Produce solutions that provide short term mitigation and long term resolution
· Monitoring of warranty issues and liaising with supplier technical teams
· Attending to faulty trains in service, component replacements and modification work
· Helping customer with root cause analysis using Bombardier FRACAS, 8D, PPS methodologies.
· Ensuring correct replacement parts are sourced
· Assisting operator in updating of maintenance instructions, overhaul instruction, processes & procedures to optimise maintenance and liaise with Bombardier Technical Publications and Central Engineering teams where required
· Monitoring trains reliability & availability performance and issuing monthly performance reports
· Monitor of trains in Service using remote monitoring system called Orbita
· Down load train data from onboard train data recorders using laptops
· Run diagnostics software to identify faults with various train systems . hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, train management systems & on board computers.
· System software updates as required
· Obsolescence avoidance and mitigation
· Engineering support for all safety related incidents (NIRs), including representing the Customer with respect to access to Design Authority and equipment OEM's and the production of affirmative closing actions
· Service Provider representation on the internal safety forum, feeding back decisions and outputs to the Customer
· Share experience gained of other fleets across the world which the Service Provider has supplied and/or supports, provision of recommendations and opportunities for design improvements, standardisation and/or modifications.
· Contribution to Health and Safety on a daily basis.
· Strong report writing skills.
· Completion of a recognised apprenticeship
· Minimum qualification required - NVQ Level 3 in an electrical discipline.
· Experience within Rail highly desirable, EX Forces are also considered
· Use of Laptop's and diagnostic tools to determine faults
· Ability to work from maintenance manuals and schematics
· Experience of Electrical fault finding
· Experience of Electrical repairs
· Troubleshooting and evidence gathering.
· You will be a highly self-motivated individual, able to work under your own initiative
· You will possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· You will need extensive all-round knowledge of Mechanical Engineering
· You will need extensive all-round knowledge of Electrical Engineering.
This could also include the following:
High Level fault finding electrically
Responsible for accurate completion of all paperwork prior to supervisor validation.
Undertake technical maintenance to the required standards.
Reliability monitoring reporting
Rip out and replace electrical components
Rip out and replace full or part of large wiring looms
Repairing or installing Wi-Fi systems
Changing relay boxes / Wiper motors
Microsoft Teams Schematics test
Microsoft Teams Interview
If you wish to be considered for this role please send your CV including scanned copies of your qualifications and a scanned copy of your passport to (url removed)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client