Content Designer - Manchester - This Area Only | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Manchester - This Area Only
36485.0000 - 42564.0000
Permanent (Full time)
£36,485 - £42,564 + additional benefits
We are looking for a talented and proactive Content Designer to help us continually improve our digital content and online user experience. The ideal candidate has excellent digital editing skills, an indefatigable user focus, and a passion for turning complex content into well-structured plain English.
In this role you’ll be:
- Authoring, editing and managing our website content, whilst working with others to continuously improve the user experience.
- Producing flawless content that users can easily find and understand. You’ll know how to make information and webpages user-focused, well-structured and in plain language - and you’ll use data to inform your decisions as much as possible.
- Editing for house style, tone of voice and other brand guidelines.
- Working closely with an agile (scrum) digital team of UX designers, developers, scrum masters, analysts and digital content lead to identify and roll out iterative improvements to the website.
- Working with subject matter experts across the organisation on a variety of topics.
- Bringing your content design skills and UX focus to campaign work.
- Advocating for a digital-first, user-led approach to web content.
You will have:
- At least 2 years content design experience, with an excellent understanding of content design principles and the benefits of its user needs approach.
- Confidence explaining decisions, analyses and recommendations to stakeholders of varying levels of seniority and digital content knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of the English language and grammar, with a degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive hands-on editorial experience, with a focus on translating complex information into clear, inclusive plain English.
- Experience working within and shaping house styles and governance, and raising content standards.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of information architecture, taxonomy, usability and accessibility.
- Good understanding of web analytics, metadata and SEO.
- Good understanding of content management systems, publishing workflows, archiving and content maintenance.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary agile (scrum) team and a good understanding the principles and processes of agile delivery methods.
- Some HTML and XML skills.
- Great inter-personal skills, flexible can-do attitude, and drive for continuous improvement.
- Experience of applying your skills to marketing campaigns.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
- 25 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 35 hour working week
- excellent contributory pension (6% - % dependent on employee contribution)
- life assurance
- an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
- access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for agile, self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
- cycle to work scheme
- interest free travel loans.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
- Closing date for applications ismidnight on Wednesday 28 July 2021
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique.
AQA is committed to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk. We’re dedicated to reducing the risk of employing or contracting any person intent on abusing their position of trust, along with identifying and responding to any incident of alleged abuse from its employees or associates fairly and swiftly. For more information on safeguarding at AQA please visit the AQA website.
As an employer we are moving towards a more agile way of working, including a balance of office working and home working.
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions for agency fees.
AQA are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. With a turnover of over £170m, we set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels. In the summer of 2019 we awarded over 3 million qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 1000 people across six locations and work with around 27,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.