Family Support - Wolverhampton - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Family Support Worker
Wolverhampton - This Area Only
£12.20/hour any mileage paid at 45p
Contract (Full time)
Yoo Recruit are looking for a Family Support Worker for their Strengthening Families Hub in Wolverhampton.
Job Purpose: To work directly with children, young people and their families in order to promote, strengthen and to develop the potential of parents/carers and their children in order to prevent children suffering significant harm and/or becoming looked after. To undertake or contribute to multi-agency assessments of children and families in need of help and support.
In relation to Strengthening Families:
You will adopt a preventative approach to supporting children, young people and their families. You will have a caseload of casework and group work and adopt a flexible and creative approach.
In relation to Intensive Support:
Adopt a whole family and intensive approach to supporting children, young people and their families on the edge of care To manage a caseload of complex cases and adopt a flexible and creative approach
1. To plan, supervise, and facilitate work with children and families both individually and in groups.
2. In conjunction with children and their families and relevant professionals to undertake and/or contribute to an assessment of need of both the children and their parents/carers and collaboratively devise a support plan.
3. To work in a variety of settings within identified outreach areas and within the families homes.
4. To undertake planning, recording, monitoring and evaluation of the progress made towards agreed outcomes by children and families within a support plan.
5. To work in partnership with other agencies including those involved in family support and early intervention.
6. To facilitate, deliver and evaluate specialist group work across the City.
7. To maintain and organise accurate up to date records of the intervention with children and families in line with policies and procedures.
8. To provide written reports for work completed including, if required, statements for court.
9. To attend and contribute to relevant meetings relating to children and families, including court.
10. To work with children and parents in a sensitive approach, ensuring full involvement in decision making whilst promoting and supporting parents/carers to take responsibility for meeting the needs of their family.
11. To ensure that support is delivered to families in line with the agreed approaches across Children and Young People Services.
12. To work in a non-discriminatory and culturally sensitive way in the delivery of support to all children and families.
13. To remain abreast and informed of current professional conduct and practice.
14. To support colleagues, work as a flexible team player and contribute to team meetings and development.
You will have:
1. Minimum of 2 years post qualifying, recent experience in a relevant field . Education, Social Care, Early Years
2. Experience of supporting children and families in groups and individually within frameworks
3 Experience of community development work
4. Conducting assessments of need, in relation to children and families · Experience of working in a diverse community
5. NVQ level 3 or equivalent . in Education, Health or Social Care, Community Development . CACHE (NNEB) BTEC National Diploma in Nursery Nursing. RGN or Diploma in Youth & Community Work
For more information, please contact Jay Lawrence at Yoo Recruit. Mob.#########
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy