Governance Manager - London | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Governance Manager - £42,000 - Central London
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Fantastic opportunity to join a professional membership organisation with strong growth and development plans for the next few years. You will be responsible for making sure that robust and proportionate corporate governance processes are implemented and adhered to, which support delivery of their demanding work programme. You will also be the organisations Data Protection Officer.
You will be responsible for the Governance, Board and Committee Secretariat including:
1. Responsibility and management of the full cycle of Board and Committee meetings, including arrangements, meeting agendas and minute taking.
2. Management of oversight and progress reporting of actions flowing from Board and Committee meetings
3. Quality assurance of Board and Committee papers, including the commissioning of papers, ensuring compliance with governance processes and decision-making principles and the management of deadlines.
4. In conjunction with the Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Group, managing pre and post Board events and discussions, training sessions and strategy days.
5. Supporting the recruitment and on-boarding of Board and Committee members and managing the annual review process.
6. Ensuring claims for travel and subsistence of our Board and Committee members are in line with guidance
7. Management of all non-executive biographies
8. Be responsible for maintaining and developing core governance policies and documents, ., General Rules, Board Code of Conduct and Practise, Board Handbook and keeping up to date with governance best practice.
9. Taking the lead for governance compliance across the organisation and pro-actively challenging non-adherence.
10. Provide guidance and support as required to both the Executive and Board on the General Rules, Board Code of Conduct and Practise, Board Handbook and committee Terms of Reference.
11. Undertake research, analysis, and development in collaboration with colleagues that will shape the future of governance arrangements
In addition, you will hold the role of Data Protection Officer
* Deliver compliance with relevant data legislation ensuring that staff, Board members and service providers understand their statutory obligations through the development of policies
* Be responsible for conducting impact assessments and audits to ensure GDPR compliance, maintaining records of data processing activities conducted by the organisation.
* Managing data subject requests for information and requests under Freedom of Information legislation.
A great role to get really involved in. The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* Detailed understanding of data protection law and practices or a practitioner certificate in data protection
* Excellent understanding of corporate governance
* Experience of working in a corporate governance capacity
* Proficient and highly practiced in the coordination and administering Board and committee meetings
* An excellent communicator, with the ability to tailor written and spoken styles to the relevant audience
* Experience of cross-team working.
* Able to thrive managing a varied and challenging workload
* Adept at developing and managing own projects
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity