Learning & - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Learning & Development Specialist
West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
About the opportunity...
We are recruiting for a Learning and Development Specialist to support the delivery of the Learning and Development (L&D) strategy. The role is field-based and has a flexible working location, allowing you to work from home, training venue's and our office-based in Walsall.As the Learning and Development Specialist, you will report to the Learning and Development Manager.
We know our success comes from our talented workforce, and as a business, we pride ourselves on going that extra mile for our people. We've worked hard to create an environment where everyone can do their best work and be their best selves.
Join our creative, passionate, collaborative and hardworking L&D team, where people are encouraged to be themselves and bring out the best in one another. You will be vital in delivering our ambitious L&D strategy, providing a positive step-change in the re-imagination of how learning interventions are delivered.
This role comes with the opportunity to study an apprentiship in Learning & Development (CIPD) Level 5 or Coaching Professional Level 5.
What you'll be doing...
As a Learning and Development Specialist, you will:
- Develop standalone eLearning and blended learning content working with subject matter experts as necessary, maximising the use of digital technology to achieve success
- Responsible for end-to-end management and delivery of learning content from needs analysis, content/curriculum design, programme management to delivery and facilitation of interventions
- Support on the design and delivery of development programmes, including coaching, mentoring, shadowing programmes to support colleagues, including new joiners, aspiring leaders, managers, talent, and senior leaders, to perform effectively in their roles, progress in their careers and achieve their potential
- Providing hands-on 'on the job' training, coaching and development for our retail stores, Distribution Centres and Customer Service Centre, behavioural skills, leadership skills and operational excellence, on a variety of topics, through a broad range of delivery methods
- Project manage L&D elements as part of business projects and deliver L&D intervention to support the success of business initiatives.
What you'll need...
- Exceptional coaching and facilitation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change, able to react to the needs of a fast-paced business
- Broad learning materials design experience that features online learning - non-facilitated (eLearning) and facilitated online (webinars) and facilitated classroom-based learning sessions.
- A proven ability to apply situational styles to achieve best outcomes; seamlessly moving between; instruct, train, coach and mentor
- Experience in coaching and developing others in a leadership capacity
- Improvement and solution-focused; striving to deliver outstanding results through new, innovative and more effective ways of working
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Able to travel to deliver training requirements across the UK and Ireland, including remote locations. Some overnight stays are required
- An ability to act upon and demonstrate high levels of self-awareness and display behaviours aligned to our Values
- A fast learner; capable of adopting new tools and systems relevant to your job role
- Well organised and confident in L&D administration, comfortable using all Microsoft Office applications within O365; OneDrive, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good numeracy skills and high standards of written English and proofreading
- A high level of professionalism and personal integrity
- A collaborative approach and team working
- Demonstrable knowledge of learning theory such as Kirkpatrick and the training cycle
- A broad range of Learning & Development experience or a suitable qualification.
What we can offer...
- This role comes with the opportunity to study an apprentiship in Learning & Development (CIPD) Level 5 or Coaching Professional Level 5.
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn bonus
- Free on-site car park
- Onsite coffee lounge
- Long service awards
- Additional holiday purchase - (once a year window to apply)
- Life Assurance
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK, Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women’s, men’s and kids’ fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that’s hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.