Quality Assurance Technician / QA - Shepley | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Quality Assurance Technician / QA Operative
Shepley, Kirklees, England
£20000 - £22191/annum Salary is £22,191
Unspecified (Full time)
Salary is £22,191 – Ongoing temporary contract, potential to go permanent.
Our client, a well-established manufacturing company, is going from strength to strength. Due to consistent growth and success, they are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician / QA Operative / QA Officer / Quality Control Technician to join their team.
Purpose of the QA Technician role:
• Measure and report on products and raw materials (products could be manufactured in-house, or purchased and returned products due to customer complaints)
• To work within the Test House and Laboratory function at the site
• Undertake testing of finished products
• Collating information from testing results to populate the existing database
• Conduct general laboratory testing and analysis on materials
• Calibration of equipment to specified requirements
• Investigate internal quality problems and propose corrective action to prevent problem reoccurrence
• Develop, improve and maintain procedures/work instructions in line with ISO9001
• To carry out own job in a safe manner and support the culture of Health and Safety by suggesting and near miss reporting
• Previous inspection and testing experience within a quality department, or laboratory
• Good knowledge of internal procedures/work instructions
• General knowledge of heavy manufacturing processes
• Conversant with the requirements of Quality Systems, ie, BS EN ISO 9001
• Computer literate and proficient with Excel and Word, and able to maintain accurate records
• Self-motivated and continually striving for improvements in quality
• Must be able to “stand own ground”, and not be easily influenced if product quality standards are not met
• Understands and accepts personal H&S responsibilities
• An A Level (or equivalent) in a Science related subject would be desirable, but not essential