Environmental Advisor - Devonport | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Devonport, Plymouth, England
Permanent (Full time)
nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We provide environmental support across all our projects. Many of our projects involve complex challenges interfacing with multiple stakeholders and coordination with third parties whilst taking environment and sustainability into consideration. Adopting a partnering approach from the outset, we work collaboratively with both our clients and project stakeholders to develop optimal solutions that provide best value through reduced environmental risks and efficient delivery.
An opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Advisor to join the Group Environmental Team. The role will be based out of our Plymouth office but there will be an expectation to promote the best environmental performance across other offices / sites such as Bristol and Exeter.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Raising the profile of environment on site
- Adopting a “hands on” approach to coaching environmental best practices with everyone on site
- Supporting internal environmental audit programme and the Senior Environmental Advisor
- Making general assessments of how sites and Operatives are working and behaving in relation to Environmental working practices
- Giving advice to Operatives and Managers on environmental issues
- Improving workforce awareness of environmental issues through presentations and coaching during site visits
- Promoting our culture of integrating environmental considerations into everyday processes and projects with consistent approach
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation (UK and international regulation), licences and permits
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and certified bodies
- Promoting use of the Positive Intervention and Near Miss reporting systems and ensuring timely close-out of corrective actions
- Support the Group Environmental Team with business wide improvements
- Analyse environmental performance and data (waste, carbon) per client’s requirements
- Undertaking incident investigations to identify causes and opportunities for improvement
- Contributing to the continual development of our Environmental and Sustainability Strategy
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Degree level qualification in Environmental Management or similar
- Other environmental qualifications, such as NEBOSH Environmental Diploma, Water Hygiene cards or equivalent.
- Experience with wide range of environmental permits and licences (water and/or built environment) is desirable.
- Experience with working with construction sites to improve their environmental management
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.