Stock Controller - Hay Mills | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Hay Mills, Birmingham, England
Permanent (Full time)
City Recruitment Group are recruiting for a Stock Controller to work for an established food manufacturing business on a permanent basis. This role is paying £21,500 per annum as a starting salary.
Your new Stock Controller role
* Plan and execute cycle-counts to ensure frequent and accurate reconciliation of inventory across all warehouse and limited production areas
* Investigate, establish, and report on the root cause of inventory discrepancies to support the business functions in their understanding of the correct and timely use of transactions
* Carry out internal audits of inventory practices at operational level to attain continuous improvement in inventory accuracy and materials control
* Use appropriate IT systems produce ad hoc reports to support the business functions and allow KPIs to be monitored
* Analyse high risk transactions, reporting on root cause, to ensure corrective action/preventative measures can be implemented
* Monitor and report on inventory shelf life to minimise stock write-off
* Complete stock adjustments in line with authorization policies and protocols
* Use extensive knowledge of Systems to support Peterborough in all areas of materials movement/usage to ensure correct and timely use of System transactions
* Complete root cause analysis on racking and movement anomalies (empty space checks, pick bins, system transactions, operational errors) and complete trend analysis reports
What you'll need to succeed in the Stock Controller role
* 2-3 years experience in a similar role
* Working experience in an Warehouse operations or Supply Chain role
* Competent in using IT systems with good Excel skills, able to compile reports and analyse data
* Previous Experience with working in an automated warehouse environment
* Previous experience with working with SAGE (ideal, but not necessary) , quick and able to learn new computer systems and tools
* Understanding of inventory control and cycle counting and their place within the business
* Inquisitive mind with methodical investigation skills, able to identify and solve problems effectively
* Able to work effectively on own initiative
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Team player, experienced in working with a wide range of people at different levels
What you'll get in return
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in success and development of a growing manufacturing business whose mission is to be ‘best in class’. This is an environment where you have accountability for your career and can make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation.
* Friendly and cohesive working environment
* Exciting company growth plans and progression
* Free parking on site
Please ‘Apply Now’ if you think you match the requirements for the above role or contact Louis at City Recruitment for more information