Mechanical Project Engineer (Building - Old Street | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mechanical Project Engineer (Building Services)
Old Street, Greater London, England
£55000 - £60000/annum + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer (Building Services) London City
£55k to £60K
Consultancy/Building Services/Mechanical Engineer
On joining this global engineering consultancy, you will be part of the Mechanical team acting as a Project Leader / Senior Mechanical Engineer in the London office. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Commercial Office projects within London, however from time to time may also cover other sectors including Hotel & Residential, Retail and Laboratory projects.
* Act as the project leader for internal multi-disciplinary engineering project teams, predominantly for London based commercial office projects.
* Co-ordinate mechanical services designs with other building services disciplines and with external parties including architects and structural engineers.
* Project management including resourcing and managing project finances.
* Mechanical building services engineering consultancy and design for large scale projects up to RIBA Stage 4A.
* Delivery of a quality product on time and programme to a budget.
* The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
* Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
* Development of junior staff.
* If you have direct reports, you will also be accountable for: Demonstrating supportive leadership and management of your team. Thoroughly induct new starters, set performance objectives aligned to office and group goals, conduct performance reviews and hold regular 1 on 1 feedback, coaching and developmental discussions
Experience & Qualifications
* A minimum of 5 years (ideally 8-10) engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services design.
* A recognised mechanical engineering qualification.
* Previous project leader/project management experience with multi-disciplinary project teams, including managing project resources and project finances.
* Experience designing commercial office buildings.
* The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives.
* Familiarity with the full range of RIBA design stages, from Stage 1 right through to Stage 4A tender design
* A working understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable