Permanent (Full time)
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day? If so we are looking for confident Support Workers to join our friendly staff team at Linthorpe, Middlesbrough.
“I enjoy coming to work, each day is different with its own rewards. The difference we make to our tenants lives and likewise the difference that they make to the staff lives is priceless. We are a family and that is what I love about Edwards court!”
At our Edwards Court service we support service users with a wide range of support needs including learning disabilities, mental health needs and complex needs. We currently have two gentlemen living here with the capacity for one more. Both of the gentlemen we support are very individual in their needs. One of our service users is non-verbal and has a diagnosis of autism. He likes quiet spaces and sensory objects and requires one on one time and individual care. The other gentleman at Edwards Court likes to be surrounded by people, is very outgoing and loves to access the community. He is a keen swimmer, loves nature and requires staff support to help him fulfil his ambitions and to meet new people while doing this!
Your Support Worker role will include:
- Supporting our clients with their personal care, administering medication, hoisting and lifting and promoting as much independence as possible,
- You will be outgoing and energetic but also able to give quiet one to one support,
- Keeping support files up to date and reviewing paper work,
- Full time hours and a willingness to work sleep in’s.
A UK driving licence is preferred but not essential. Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided but the preferred candidate must be confident using computers.
Our service is very easy to get to, located in Linthope just on the outskirts of Middlesbrough town centre with excellent public transport links, including regular bus and trains to the wider area.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s on call teams
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.