Site Operations Manager - Document Solutions
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent –we make the right choices
Involved –our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Heads up all Bulk Scanning, Mailroom and EDM delivery operations within Document Solutions business centre in Bulwell, Nottingham. To develop and support the Document Solutions Business with specific responsibility for, Project Services, Client management, Finance, MI, Proposition development and costing.
This role has 5 direct reports
- Responsible for all delivery service operations within Document Services:
- Site management - Warehouse & Logistics management including deliveries, collections, document storage and secure destruction Bulk scanning operations including inventory set up, document preparation, scanning and data transfer to Clients
- Mailroom operations, including set up, quality control and data transfer to clients.
- Oversee the function of the EDM Consultants including onsite service delivery
- Translate strategic goals set by General Manager into Operational plans to achieve required growth in Revenue and Margin.
- To manage the on-boarding of new projects. To translate customer requirements into efficient delivery aligned to both business and client expectations.
- To develop new service offerings and to ensure their effective translation from scoping and design, full testing to effective implementation.
- Ensure Quality Assurance throughout the Service Delivery process and promote a culture of excellence
- Oversee operational design and layout to maximise throughput and capacity
- Determine process and operational controls required to ensure effective operational performance
- Ensure operation complies with all policies and procedures relating to H&S and Security, influencing any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- With the Mailroom team leader, ensure the operation maintains compliance with all appropriate industry standards (for instance BS 10008, ISO27001).
- Complete monthly project reports for the management team and co-ordinate all elements of project delivery.
- Ensure appropriate reporting in place regarding server capacity, storage, backups etc
- Ensure effective administration of all systems used throughout both the bulk scanning and mailroom services.
- Oversee driver and data movement between sites and on behalf of Clients
- To directly manage and monitor service quality and staff performance in order to actively promote a culture of excellence
- Ensure Staffing levels are monitored and adjusted in line with Project Revenue. Ensure recruitment, supervision, appraisal, target setting and performance management all align with business forecasting.
- Continuously develop staff to achieve a multi-skilled and multi-cultural workforce and maintain skills matrix.
- Organise and co-ordinate staff training.
- Manage and monitor the performance of supplier organisations to ensure that they are meeting the required standards.
Finance and Commercial
- Maintain accurate forecasting of both Revenue and Cost, ensuring compliance at all times with targets.
- Ensure monthly revenue forecast and month to date performance is monitored and reported. Ensure effective communication to both the Finance Team and to the General Manager.
- Translate the forecast into a service delivery plan executed with all operational Managers and staff.
- Oversee site visits from internal and new clients.
- Support new business development and pre-sales activity as required.
- Test and validate commercial propositions and projects to validate delivery process conforms with project specification and assess that the delivery costs are in line with budgeted costs and forecasted profitability
- Provide business analysis and management information regarding projects to include delivery performance, quality assurance, revenue, volume, cost and profitability ensuring accuracy of data, commenting on trends and variances
- Ensure an excellent level of service is provided to customers that meets their requirements in relation to performance and quality.
- Regularly seek feedback from customers on performance and develop initiatives to continuously improve the services offered.
- Ensure regular engagement with teams to achieve continuous success in the service.
- Escalation point for any issues or concerns relating to customers or project delivery
- Ensuring the teams are providing internal reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Ensuring that resources are being planned and managed to deliver operational commitments to meet the needs of clients and NPS.
- To provide appropriate leadership and mentoring of the staff reporting to the role to ensure general security, risk limitation, health and safety issues and procedures in relation to NPS staff, assets, accommodation, and operational activities are in place and monitored as per NPS policies and guidelines
- First line management response to any HR issues and escalations which may arise
- Experience of operating with clients in a multi-faceted organisation with a public sector focus.
- Effective motivator of staff and Ability to create a “can do” attitude from everyone
- Strong business and technical acumen.
- Operational planning and capacity management.
- Ability to manage senior commercial relationships
- Ability to run a performance driven operation.
- Proven record of delivering both financial and operational targets.
- Leadership and Vision
- Works well under pressure.
- Logical thinker, able to analyse situations and resolve problems.
- Solution focused with a flexible approach to work.
- Passionate about growing the business and exploring new opportunities.
- Experience in dealing with Human Resources issues.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience in a Document Solutions environment, with a good working knowledge of scanning technologies
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days (during enrolment period)
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities
Posted 16 days ago