Senior Test and Validation Engineer - Loughborough | Zoek UK | 671a1f
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Test and Validation Engineer
Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
£37000 - £46000/annum + benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Test and Validation Engineer Loughborough, UK
To £46k + benefits
This position is open to experience test and validation engineers that wish to progress into functional level product test and validation.
The successful test and validation engineer candidate will lead a small team of Test Engineers to;a
* Plan, execute and deliver validation programmes to meet project objectives safely and to schedule.
* Create test methods, risk assessment and design validation plans for a wide range of product validation activities
* Support & participate in failure root cause analysis and product quality life-cycle investigations.
* Generate, analyse, report and approve results from testing, using statistical tools to define the reliability, confidence and predicted warranty of products.
* Thinking creatively about how the customer will use products and being able to develop robust tests to simulate and validate product suitability is the key to this opening.
You will work as part of a small team and will have a large amount of test facilities as your disposal in order to test and validate products involving functional, safety, life, reliability and certification testing.
The role would suit an experienced test engineer, systems test, validation or development engineer with a background in mechanical engineering most likely. A creative mind, problem solving mentality and practical nature is a prerequisite to success in this senior validation engineer opening.
Skills / Knowledge Required: (senior Test & Validation Engineer)
* Ideally a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area (. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, materials science or physics)
* Proven test engineering experience (hands-on) ideally with electromechanical products.
* Exposure to functional testing, product level validation or safety testing within a product development environment is strongly preferred
* Experience of leading teams (management or technical leadership) would be preferred
* Knowledge of a wide variety of test and experimental methods
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good organisational and problem solving skills
* The ability to design and deliver creative and robust test procedures and processes would be ideal (functional test, environmental, accelerated test, safety test, product validation etc)
* Use of statistical tools for the analysis and interpretation of test data
* Experience of working within a product development and manufacturing company
* Mechanical product development experience would be preferred
* Support root cause analysis (RCA) activities, DFMEA, quality investigations, etc
A practical approach to test, validation and problem solving is required and this will be a hands-on role. Candidates with knowledge of electromechanical products would probably do well.
This test and validation engineer role is commutable from Derby, Loughborough, Nottingham, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Burton upon Trent, Tamworth and Hinckley