Executive Support Officer - Exeter | Zoek UK | 691419
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Executive Support Officer
Exeter, Devon, England
Do you have a proven background in a PA or Executive Assistant role, providing professional support (including diary management) within a multi-disciplined organisation? Do you have exemplary communication, organisation and Microsoft Office skills? If yes, read on...
Executive Support Officer
£ per annum
Exeter, EX3 0NW (with travel to all sites required as part of the role)
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service is the largest non-metropolitan Fire and Rescue Service in England. Our vision is that together, we will work to end preventable fire and rescue emergencies, creating a safer world for you and your family. Keeping people safe is what we do and we owe our fantastic reputation to our highly skilled and motivated workforce with over 2,000 staff.
Their Administration and Executive professionals are an integral part of the workforce and they have a vacancy for an Executive Support Officer to join their committed team.
In a nutshell...you will provide support to Executive Officers and Area Managers. You will need to be a responsive, effective and efficient Executive Support Team member, capable of delivering consistent professional administrative and business support.
The Executive Support Officer will take responsibility for:
- Conducting research that informs officers, supported by the Executive Support Team, of potential issues and preparing responses to stakeholder enquiries in order to support the delivery and attainment of Service and Executive objectives.
- Understanding the requirements of those supported by the Executive Support Team and managing their expectations on delivery.
- Delivery of specific projects.
- Stakeholder management - both internal and external, to ensure the successful delivery of the portfolio.
- Manage designated Outlook mailbox and calendars, intercepting, responding to and redirecting any mail or enquiries as appropriate.
- Attending meetings to support leads, taking minutes, recording actions and decisions and supporting the timely submission of their monthly outturn reports.
- Supporting the continual review and optimisation of processes and systems to maximise team efficiencies (including adoption and development of templates where possible).
Key Skills of the Successful Executive Support Candidate:
- Ability to engage openly with people operating at all levels - and to do so in a professional manner whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as good numerical skills.
- Ability to carry out research using a variety of research methods.
- Proven experience of working with MS Office software and other packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Good organisational and time management skills - proven ability to work accurately and to deadlines, proactively with a degree of autonomy and a high level of self-motivation.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above in English and Mathematics.
- Previous experience of servicing meetings including agenda production and distribution and writing minutes.
Please Note: The post holder will require a Full UK Driving license and be willing to travel throughout the service area.
Benefits of working for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue (what we can offer you in return):
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue have built a reputation for encouraging their employees to succeed. They offer a supportive environment where team members mirror the core values of the Service. They say, working here is "very rewarding", "there are flexible working hours (and they) promote respect, achievement and honesty." "It's a privilege to work with such great people".
You also get…
- Competitive Salary and Generous holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working and excellent career, training and development opportunities.
- Government Pension Scheme.
- Health and Wellbeing provision inc. Healthcare plan (including eye care, onsite gym facilities, counselling, physiotherapy).
- Blue Light Card (discount scheme for Emergency Services staff) + Sports & Social Association.
- Free Parking.
Are you dedicated to making a real difference and ready to build a successful career with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue? Apply today!
How to apply for the Executive Assistant Role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this PA position, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email that will give you more information on how to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values to join our team.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Admin Assistant, Administrator, Executive Assistant roles Devon, PA Jobs Somerset, Diary Management, Project Administrator, Personal Assistant, PA.