Senior Firmware Design Engineer - Newport | Zoek UK | 6936da
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Firmware Design Engineer
£45k - 55k per year
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Firmware Design Engineer
An exciting position has become available for a full time Senior Firmware Design Engineer to join our friendly team based in Newport, South Wales (NP10 8UL). The successful candidate will earn £45,000-£55,000. This role offers an exciting mix of engineering activities with emphasis on the practical development and performance evaluations of IoT technology for the next generation of remote monitoring equipment for the oil and gas industry. Innovation and development will focus on future network technologies such as the Internet of Things, low power wide area and upcoming 5G networks.
- Degree qualified in software or electronics
- Very strong C programming skills
- Previous personal responsibility for a significant design, or part of a larger project
- Working knowledge of electronic hardware.
- Design documentation (requirement specs, design documents, test specs, etc.)
- Change control: raising and detailing product change notes
- Organised and tidy
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication
- Have a sense of humour
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, full-time and without restriction.
- Experience in developing extremely robust embedded real-time systems, low power products, cellular communications, satellite communications and GPS
- Highly proficient in C with an understanding of Assembler
- You'll have worked with at least two mainstream microprocessors or microcontrollers and be familiar with the various sorts of embedded peripherals they offer
- You'll understand the concepts of ISO9001:2015 and be familiar with CE certification.
- Specification, design and implementation of the embedded software primarily in C
- Input into processor, module, comms and RTOS selection for new products
- Input into the system design, both hardware and web front end
- Design testing and validation
- Assisting with product support during product introduction and trials
- Our products are extremely low power and robust. We use 8/16/32 bit microprocessors, wireless/cellular/satellite communications and GPS
Abriox ltd core expertise is the development of remote monitoring systems for utilities - and they work with some of the world's biggest oil, gas and petrochemical companies. Their instrumentation helps improve the efficiency of their fuel distribution networks by providing demonstrable asset management, safety, economic, environmental and compliance benefits.
They aim to exceed customer expectations with their levels of quality, service and technical support. And they pride themselves on being a lean and efficient organisation - in order to offer the best service and value to our customers. They exploit their skills to provide solutions for their customers' data acquisition and analysis applications.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a fantastic company
- To become part of a professional and hardworking team
- An excellent salary
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set in the field
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: senior, firmware, design, engineer, software, oil, gas and petrochemical, fuel distribution, full time, Newport
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...