Vehicle Logistics Quality Controller - Hethel | Zoek UK | 694d96
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Vehicle Logistics Quality Controller
Hethel, Leicestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
To develop and establish global logistics quality standards and processes for the handling and distribution of Finished Vehicles to customer desitnations in UK, Europe, USA and other Global Markets. Scope commences from point of manufactured vehicle handover to final customer delivery and includes all internal and third party activity throughout the delivery chain. To work in close liaison and cooperation with plant quality (both UK & CN), in-market quality and warranty teams, key stakeholders across all associated business functions and third party service providers.
This position offers the opportunity to take a pivitol role critical to the future success and growth of the business and key to the delivery of quality and excellence to our customers worldwide
* To undertake a full review of current quality standards and process within the Finished Vehicle logistics process and benchmark against automotive industry standards to identify areas of concern and opportunities for improvement.
* Review current Lotus Vehicle Quality processes, undertake a compliance assessment and develop a gap analysis to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
* Develop and maintain a comprehensive Vehicle Logistics Quality Manual (VLQM) manual to define the standards and processes required together with the necessary audit and control measures to ensure compliance.
* Develop and deliver a deployment programme to roll out the VLQM across the end to end outbound logistics chain, including Quality awareness and process training for both internal staff and third party service providers, to ensure that the new standards are established and maintained.
* Establish an effective feedback loop whereby lessons learnt from data gathered through customer feedback and warranty claims is applied to realise further process and quality improvement.
* Within the VLQM, include clearly prescribed standards for both internal and external transit protection, specific to each vehicle model and market served.
* Establish an effective audit process to ensure standards are maintained both within internal operations and within all third party locations.
* Establish effective handover processes at each point of the logistics chain where a change of vehicle custody occurs, with clear definition of liability transfer and transparency of subsequent claims accountability.
* In the case of liability dispute or uncertainty, mediate with all parties as necessary to establish probable cause and reach an acceptable settlement.
* Carry out such investigation as necessary in the case of significant, serious or repeated incidences which lead to vehicle loss or damage, taking such remedial actions as necessary and issuing VLQM updates / bulletines as required to avoid re-occurence.
* Lead and drive the development and deployment of a comprehensive Quality Management System to a level equivalent to IATF 16949. (International Automotive Task Force)
* Quality Management Systems Development and Deployment.
* ISO 9001 - Auditor
* Senior QMS Practioner / Functional Manager
* Automotive experience
* OEM & 3PL Exposure
* International logistics experience
* End to end familiarity with Finished Vehicle Logistics processes
* Subject Matter Expert
* Strong commercial awareness
* Leadership, People Management, Influencing, Problem Solving, Conflict Resolution
* High volume manufacturing environment, Third Party Logistics, International freight
* Engaging and socially skilled personality; confident and capable to communicate with all levels throughout the business and with external partners
A career at Lotus brings with it a range of benefits you would expect from a large premium brand employer, including:
* Company pension scheme
* 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Non contractual bonus scheme
* Range of corporate discounts
Social club and events