Procurement Category Specialist (Remote - Edinburgh | Zoek UK | 69871f
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Procurement Category Specialist (Remote Based)
My client is a market leading organisation looking to recruit a Procurement Category Specialist to report to the Procurement Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a broad experience of Procurement IT and Tech categories to join large procurement team. The role will lead contractual negotiations, manage category budgets and prevent risks or issues from arising across supplier relationships. You will have excellent communication skills to effectively manage and influence internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver procurement & supply chain strategies for your specific spend category and business area.
- Develop and deliver value for your designated category and associated suppliers through delivery against account plans, development plans and governance frameworks.
- Own and manage the commercial risk with suppliers within your spend category, taking action to mitigate risk within defined risk appetite.
- Negotiate, draft and manage medium complexity contracts with suppliers within your spend category and or contribute to more complex deals working alongside Senior Procurement Managers.
- Deliver specific procurement and supply chain projects in collaboration with the wider business.
As a minimum requirement, you'll:
- Established Procurement & supply chain skills and experience in sourcing activities
- Have knowledge of, and an interest in, Technology Procurement
- Effective communications and relationship building skills
- Possess the ability to analyse data and complex inputs to support sound business decisions
- Ability to manage a contract portfolio and be self-sufficient and show initiative to drive the optimal outcomes for the business.
- Have a working knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to category
- And most importantly you are a strong team player - we are a team who look after each other.
- A degree with a relevant professional qualification (. CIPS or equivalent) or working towards CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply or equivalent.
For full information regarding this role, please contact me directly, initially with a CV ahead of a conversation.
Artis Recruitment provide specialist recruitment services within HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Marketing, Customer Contact and Executive Search.