Workshop Manager - Chesterfield | Zoek UK | 69da35
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England
£40000 - £46000/annum + Package
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a rapidly growing engineering company in Chesterfield who are specialists in wastewater treatment; and provide maintenance, repairs and optimisation services across the UK.
They are innovators in the water industry. From their mobile thickeners that reduce their customers' carbon footprint, to their leading installation, maintenance and optimisation services, they strive to help the water companies achieve their stringent environmental and financial objectives.
The Workshop Manager will oversee a self-sufficient 20,000 sqft workshop with servicing, machining and fabrication facilities. The workshop supports our their client base with centrifuge and other equipment services alongside design and manufacturing to reduce lead times and minimise costs.
* Managing the workflow and leading the technical development of the workshop and products manufactured.
* Developing the workshop procedures and standards to ensure world-class quality and safety performance.
* Liaising with customers and supporting commercial colleagues with quotations, estimates and technical input for tenders.
* Ensuring that as the volume and scope of work grows, engineers in the workshop have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil business requirements.
* Supporting field engineers with technical knowledge on field-based service work, installations and process troubleshooting.
* This role will suit either an experienced engineer or a recently qualified engineer. Key is the ambition to continue developing their workshop and product range whilst utilising the skills and knowledge of the existing team.
* Excellent IT skills, proficient at utilising business management systems including databases and spreadsheets.
* Previous experience of developing an engineering workshop and/or decanting centrifuges would be an advantage, although not absolutely necessary.
* Experience of continuous improvement techniques as applied to engineering.
* A proven track record of understanding and working within a fast-paced, customer service environment