Bank Dedicated Housekeeper
Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, England
Permanent (Full time)
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for 2 bank dedicated housekeeper to join our team. With the support of the Head Housekeeper, the post holder will join our team of dedicated housekeepers and activities will include:
- To liaise with Ward/departmental management regarding changes in status of cleaning requirements.
- To ensure that bedrooms are ready for admitting patients, including emergencies.
- To ensure that departments/rooms are serviced as per scheduled work.
- To ensure the hospital meets COVID-19 cleanliness requirements.
- To ensure that there are no defects/shortages in patient rooms.
- To report, using the Equipment Defect Form (EF2), any requirements in patient rooms to the Engineer’s Department.
- Observance of Health & Safety and COSHH regulations and policy.
- To ensure that corridors are maintained and free from hazards which may cause a fire risk.
- To ensure that all cleaning is undertaken in accordance with Work Instructions and departmental policy in line with HCC requirements.
- Housekeepers working in operating theatres will be given specific instructions from Theatre management.
- To ensure that all toilet areas are maintained in a fresh and hygienic manner.
- To effect cleaning of infected/barrier nursed patients areas, in consultation with nursing staff.
- To assist in maintaining an MRSA free environment.
Applicants will need to have excellent organization, administration and communication skills with the ability to deal with internal and external customers at all levels. Previous experience is desired however is not essential as full training will be provided.
For more information relating to the role, please contact Jill Crewe, Hotel Services Manager on######### or via email,
We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness or annual leave.
We are extremely proud of our heritage in private healthcare and of our values as an organisation:
- Driving clinical excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Caring is our passion
- Keeping it simple
- Delivering on our promises
- Succeeding and celebrating together
Our people are our difference; it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing Date: If we have received sufficient applications, this date may be brought forward so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jill Crewe on######### or via email @