Male Support Worker - Day Services | Zoek
Male Support Worker - Day Services
£8.25 - 8.25 per hour + Benefits
Permanent (Part time)
Support Worker - Day Services, Male*
Location: Sutton, Surrey - Community Services across the Borough
Salary: £8.25 per hour
Hours: 8am-5.30pm Mon-Fri. Ideally, this 38 hours per week will be split between 2 Part-Time staff members.
Are you looking for a job where you can make a positive impact?
Do you enjoy working closely with Service Users and building relationships?
Then look no further.
This is a unique opportunity to work, in the community, with all of your transport provided for you whilst on shift. We meet our Service Users daily, at a centralised point, within Sutton where we set off on our days adventures.
This could involve such activities as, swimming, arts & crafts, cycling groups, sports activities & games and beauty therapy.
As a support worker at our Day Services, you will need to develop warm and trusting relationships with people with learning disabilities to help them to lead fulfilling and independent lives. No two days are the same!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community
- An awareness and understanding of Learning Disabilities
- Good communication skills, patience and flexibility
- An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support
A driving licence is not required, as you will meet our busses in the morning, who provide all of your transport for the day!
Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our Support Staff.
In return for your hard work, along with a great salary, Our client is offering:
- 28 days per annum (pro-rata for part time hours worked)
- Ongoing training and progression opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- We operate a free Health Service Discount scheme. Which gives discounts on many retailers, including: Superbreak, Jet2holidays, Virgin, Haven, Apple, Clarks, Sky, Halfords, Café Rouge, Nando's, Matalan & the RAC to name but a few!
- We offer a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to all our staff. This offers a variety of support services including free counselling, and advice and support on any worries you may have.
If you would like to see the full job pack, please call Nathan on######### or, APPLY NOW
*Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9
Posted 23 days ago