Night Support Worker
Newport - This Area Only
£20500 - £21500/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Are you a passionate and resilient person who wants to help victims of sexual abuse to reclaim their lives? If so, Moxie People are recruiting for a permanent part-time Night Support Worker on behalf of a growing domestic violence charity in Newport.
As a Night Support Worker, you will deliver accommodation-based support to women living in crisis because of domestic violence. You will contribute to creating an exemplary and inclusive support and accommodation service, which recognises that women and families have multiple disadvantages, trauma, strengths, and unique needs.
Night Support Worker role details:
Salary: £21,500 pro-rata (rising to £22,000 pro-rata after probation)
Hours: hours (2 x waking night shifts per week, including weekdays and weekends)
Location: Central Newport
What’s in it for you?
* Chance to support survivors in a long-term programme of support and see the difference you are making
* A comprehensive internal training programme
* Progression opportunities across this multifaceted charity
* The chance to be involved with and lead on other exciting and crucial projects in partnership with external agencies
What will your day-to-day look like as a Night Support Worker?
* You will work in a new 5 bed refuge specifically designed for women with complex and challenging needs, including prison leavers, complex mental health, self-harm and substance misuse.
* Offering a mix of crisis intervention, advice and information and emotional support
* Managing the running of the property during the nights in partnership with the onsite security guard, including health and safety inspections.
* Assess risk levels and the needs of the clients
* Carrying out regular risk and needs assessments
* Updating support plans and case notes accordingly
* Handle crisis situations, such as self-harm and tenant disputes, de-escalating issues where necessary
* Signpost to external agencies to ensure full wrap-around support is provided
* Working collaboratively with the day and weekend staff, to monitor the progress of clients and ensure risks are reported, monitored and prevented.
* Support clients address a range of support needs around, housing, debt, benefits, family breakdown, education, employment, health etc.
What do you need to be considered for this Night Support Worker role?
* A strong and demonstrable understanding of the impact domestic abuse and violence on people
* Committed and comfortable working weekends and waking nights
* An ability to adapt your communication style to different situations to empower woman to gain independence.
* The ability to work in a fast-paced and reactive environment
* A forward-thinking, non-judgemental attitude to crisis response
* The ability to remain calm and collected in challenging and traumatic situations
* A full UK driving license and access to a car is preferred but not essential
If you feel you meet the requirements detailed above, please send an up-to-date CV to Rich at Moxie People via the application link.
If you want to find out more about this Night Support Worker role or how Moxie People can help you, feel free to get in contact with Rich Thomas on (phone number removed).
This Refuge Support Worker role is open to women only as it is exempt under the Occupational Requirement under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1