Edge Cloud Business Development Manager - EMEA - Network and Communications
Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Network and Communication Sales (NCS) is looking for a dynamic person with sales experience, cross cultural acumen, and technically savvy to be Edge Cloud Business Development Manager for EMEA.
This role offers the opportunity to evangelize and develop winning proposals for evolving edge cloud architecture choices in our Network and Communications accounts by offering solutions based on Intel and its partners' products and services to solve business challenges. This role not only has the potential to drive high impact outcomes for our Tier-1 Network and Communication customers, but also the opportunity to scale best practice throughout the whole industry. This role will build relationships with key account executives, understand customer business problems, and help them solve their problems through the use of Intel-based solutions and services. They will use Intel based edge cloud products/services to build business capabilities and position Intel as the thought leader in solving business and technology problems for our customers. As such, the person will work closely with the EMEA Cloud Routes-To-Market Manager and the Sales & Marketing (SMG) organization across the region.
By working initially with our Tier-1 communications service provider account teams, and leveraging our existing strong relationships, the successful candidate will influence the communication service provider edge cloud strategy. This will include go-to-market motions that include a Hyperscaler in addition to the communication service provider's own cloud services.
The successful candidate will naturally identify customer business & technology issues and propose Intel based solutions. They will form trusted advisor relationships both externally and internally to influence key business decisions that result in win-win deals. This candidate will co-develop and assisting in the execution of successful account strategies for edge cloud opportunities at key customers, work closely with our business group partners and sales team partners to deliver business growth in the edge cloud market, and represent NCS for edge cloud in Intel's edge forums to drive alignment on customer preferences.
missioned sales position primarily responsible for consumption and sell through based activities with OEM, channel, and ecosystem partners. Working with sales and marketing field members, responsibilities include: winning business at key consumption accounts while increasing premium product mix and ramping new technologies, running consumer sales and marketing campaigns to improve Intel's brand and business position, and developing cohesive customer technology solutions that increase the usage of Intel products/services while building business capabilities. The position is also responsible for sustaining and building relationships within the account(s) and with local government and/or NGO offices, providing customer feedback to internal Intel organizations (. marketing) and other account team members on market trends, feedback on platform and business issues, etc.
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- A creative person who is passionate about making a positive difference
- A team player who also enjoys motivating and facilitating others to play a bigger role in their customers success
- Ability to keep the bigger picture in mind and seeks out opportunities to try new things
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English and European languages preferred (German, Spanish, Italian)
- Desire to contribute to the worldwide Network Communication Sales (NCS) organization through strong collaboration with colleagues worldwide.
- Ability to articulate the "voice of the customer" clearly to influence our propositions and get support
- Ability to motivate a diverse and remote virtual team
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Business-related (or equivalent)
- 5+ years telecom industry experience. Experience with Cloud/NFV projects and System integrators or ISVs is a plus.
- Able to explain in detail the Cloud transformation occurring at communications service providers and describe Intel's role and opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to identify and describe approaches for using Intel products or partner offerings to solve key business problems and monetize services.
- Ability to describe complex technology solutions in business terms and demonstrate business value to customers.
- Solid track record of creating and managing virtual teams to meet sales objectives.
- Proven ability to influence decisions at senior levels within Intel, our partners and customers.
What We Offer**:**
At Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There's no fear of failure-we know that's how innovation happens. And you'll never be bored.
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Shift 1 (United Kingdom)
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customer voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust