Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
£21k per year
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £21,000 Per annum + Generous productivity Bonus + Additional benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week excluding lunch breaks, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm. You are entitled to a 60-minute unpaid lunch break.
Job type: Permanent
About the company:
Ginger Lehmann Ltd is part of Groupe Ginger a French based engineering and infrastructure services provider, the Ginger Group and its subsidiaries employ 1,700 people worldwide. In the UK Ginger Lehmann is an established leader in the highways industry, providing a complete range of specialist Highway Surveys to local authorities and engineering consultants. Our Highway Surveys include UKPMS (Course Visual Inspection (CVI) / Detailed Visual Inspection (DVI) / Footway Network survey (FNS) / SCANNER / Asset Surveys), and services. These provide the client with data used to service in managing and maintain road networks and decreasing costs.
Responsibilities of the Highway Technician:
Using our bespoke software, you will inspect our clients' highway/footway networks and record condition and inventory data using a variety of survey methods. This will require interpreting mapping and description information to correctly identify the specific extents to survey. Some surveys are walked, and others driven, walked surveys can involve walking in excess of 10km per day, and are undertaken in all types of terrain and locations.
Condition information is recorded to UKPMS standard and full training will be given to the successful candidates. Successful candidates will be offered the opportunity to gain a UKPMS Surveying Accreditation.
Requirements of the Highway Technician:
- Full UK driving license.
- Exclusive use of own vehicle.
- Reasonable level of fitness as role requires walking.
- IT literate.
- Excellent map reading ability.
- Good eye for detail to identify errors.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and productivity targets.
- Flexibility to work to meet the business needs.
Benefits of becoming the Highway Technician:
- Generous targeted bonus scheme
- Flexi working hours
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to become a fully trained and accredited UKPMS surveyor
- A company pension scheme with additional contribution from Ginger Lehmann
- Car Allowance and fuel cards provided
- Living away allowances
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Highway Technician, then please apply now!
Our policy is to recruit, train and promote people because of their ability, the needs of the job and similar relevant criteria. We encourage all employees to take advantage of the opportunities we provide for training and development.
Posted 6 days ago