Special Needs Support in Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
£57 - £65 per day
About the school:
Our client is a mainstream primary school, the school is 3 form entry with pupils starting in Nursery through to Year 6.
The school provides a caring, supportive and challenging environment that is designed to provide a broad and stimulating curriculum and to foster the independence of all . The contribution of all members of the community is valued and respected the school actively works to create an atmosphere in school, where families feel welcomed and supported and where parents and carers are valued as an important part of the team.
Staff work collaboratively to provide a nurturing, supportive and challenging environment that is designed to provide a broad and stimulating curriculum and to foster the independence of students. The school also provides a rich education for pupils with Social and Emotional needs of which are recognised at an early age then development and support starts straight away through an integrated team involving educational, medical and therapy staff.
About the role:
This is a full-time 1:1 SEN post working with a range of ages across school (32.5 hours per week - term time only), commencing September 2019 on a temporary basis until July 2020.
As a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant, you will work under the instruction of SENCO and the class teachers to support the delivery of a differentiated curriculum. You will be required to work across school, supporting pupils to access learning activities in addition to providing personal care where necessary.
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
- Provide access to learning and enable all pupils to participate as fully and effectively as possible
- Implementing Education, Health and Care Plans, Behaviour plans and medical or therapy programmes to meet individual needs
- Establish supportive relationships with both pupils and with colleagues
- Support pupils in developing social skills both in and out of the Classroom
- Where necessary, to support pupils with personal care, and/or feeding
We are seeking an individual with the commitment to support young people with complex Special Educational Needs and who is looking to work within a specialist setting.
In addition to those with a background in Special Needs education, we would also like to hear from individuals with a background in Health and Social Care, or those who have worked with vulnerable individuals with additional needs in an alternative capacity (e.g. Support Worker, Care Assistant, Social Worker). Applications will also be accepted from graduates of Psychology, Counselling, Play Work/Therapy, and Speech and Language Therapy).
About Teaching Personnel:
Teaching Personnel is the UK's leading education recruitment agency. Since 1996 we have registered hundreds of thousands of teachers and classroom support staff who have chosen us to help them find work in UK classrooms
Posted 18 days ago