Site Services Assistant
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the site services team providing a reliable responsive and effective service to ensure a safe and pleasant environment for our learners, residents and staff. You will work in all areas of Site Services learning new skills and facing new challenges every day. You will have experience in a range of maintenance duties, be customer focused, able to work shifts on a 7 on 7 off basis and able to work as part of a team and independently. We pride ourselves on customer service and would welcome anyone who thinks they could be a valued addition to our team to apply.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To undertake general caretaking, waste management, cleaning, portering, security and basic maintenance duties as part of the Site Services team to ensure a healthy, safe and clean environment for staff, students and visitors to enjoy.
- To provide short term emergency cover for the Site Services department.
- Have oversight of visitors
- Direct and monitor car parking
- Direct visitors to appropriate areas
- Greet and assist visitors as required
- Regular collection and disposal of waste and the collection and management of recyclable materials from across National Star to support the environmental policy.
- National Star presentation – to ensure internal and external areas accessible to visitors are kept clean and tidy, especially after usage by outside groups.
- The setting up and servicing of meeting rooms, removing, arranging or safely storing furniture and equipment; replenishing supplies and cleaning rooms, toilets and other facilities as required.
- Portering duties, including safe storage of deliveries, collecting and distribution of post, parcels and equipment.
- Escorting contractors and visitors on site as directed.
- Assist with the security of National Star buildings and its grounds, including the locking and unlocking of buildings and gates as directed.
- To assist with general cleaning of the fabric of the building, including low level window cleaning, maintenance of drain and gutter clearance and path clearing.
- To establish and maintain safe access to the site and safe access around the site during adverse weather conditions, such as snow, frost, ice.
- To support the Site Services team with basic maintenance duties as required to support the successful running of the organisation.
- To assist with the painting of organisation buildings.
- To provide holiday and short term emergency cover for all Site Service including the Site Services Assistant Shift and Transport.
- Cover reception when as and when required.
- To undertake any training that may be necessary.
- Willing to drive company vehicles on and off site.
- Willing to work to flexible working hours including occasional weekends, provide extra support for special events and snow clearance in the winter.
- Promote the organisations Health and Safety at Work Policy and Procedure and ensure these are implemented effectively within the department.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to equality to ensure we develop a community which celebrates and values diversity.
- Undertake such other duties as may from time to time be determined by Head of Building and Site Services.
- As a member of Site Services you will be required to support and assist every area of the department if required. This may involve completing duties outside of your skilled profession and working to cover other areas but will be determined by your line manager. You will also be responsible to promote team work, inclusion, equality and customer service.
Posted 18 days ago