Sales Assistant - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Voted among the 'Top 100 Best Shops’ worldwide by Retail Week, The Old Cinema in West London is a unique retail environment which has been going from strength to strength since the 1970s. Spread over 10,000 sq feet and three floors in a former Cinema, it is a treasure trove of antique, vintage and retro furniture and accessories, supplying retail, trade buyers and interior designers.
Sales Assistant Role
In your role as a Sales Assistant you will be expected to give exceptional customer service as you are the primary point of contact for customer queries and the face of The Old Cinema. We are looking for a confident and adaptable candidate with an ability to navigate changes within the working environment.
A minimum of 1-2 years retail sales experience is required, ideally in a fast paced environment.
The role is predominantly Monday to Friday but you will be required to work one weekend a month, which could increase as needed.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- A proven track record in providing personalised one-to-one customer service.
- Ability to positively adapt to change, every day is different and the pace can be fast
- A flexible open-minded approach with a proven ability to prioritise effectively
- Confident multi-tasker
- A creative and solution focused thinker.
- Work on your own initiative as well as follow delegation
- Good time management skills
- Basic computer literacy (Word, XL, email, web etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Working at The Old Cinema is a completely different experience from most retail environments. We sell beautiful pieces from the 19th and 20th century supplied by dedicated professional dealers. We have a friendly approach to selling whilst providing an efficient, knowledge based service. Our unique retail environment encourages vibrancy and creativity from our closely knit team, resulting in a place to learn and contribute. We champion the sustainability of vintage homeware and are proud to be one of the frontrunners in this area of retail.