HGV Class 2 Driver
Permanent (Full time)
Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers. The Müller brand is ranked at in The Grocer’s Top 100 list of Britain’s Biggest Brands, and is also the 7th most chosen brand in the UK.
We’re recruiting … HGV Class 2 Driver!
We are recruiting at our Bellshill Site for HGV Class 2 Drivers.
It takes a lot of talent and organisation to deliver around 30% of the fresh milk consumed in Britain every day. The Müller Milk & Ingredients Distribution network of depots are strategically located to allow us to be efficient in the job that we do and ensures that our milk gets from farm to fridge quicker and fresher.
This is a great opportunity for drivers who enjoy working for a prestigious logistics company, driving a modern and well maintained fleet of vehicles and who are looking for flexibility in their life.
To the right applicant we can also provide the opportunity to up-skill your licence for Class 2 to 1.
Role & Responsibilities
* Delivering milk products to customer stores and regional distribution centres
* Puts safety first and respects all other road users
* Diligent in ensuring driver and vehicle checks are completed correctly
* Forward thinking, route checks for safety restrictions, planned road works and traffic to ensure your journey will be smooth and efficient
* Highly professional in all situations as you are the interface between the business and our customer base
* Self – motivated with a positive attitude and extremely reliable
* 5-day rota, over 7 days per week with several shift patterns available
Key skills & experience
* Class 2 Licence (Cat C)
* Current CPC and digital driving card
* No more than 6 minor points on driving licence (No CDs, DDs, DRs or INs)
* Newly qualified drivers are welcome, we will train and develop you to the necessary level
* Must be comfortable with the physical nature of the role. Trolleys will be loaded and unloaded by the driver onto the vehicle
* A competitive salary, an overtime rate of and premium rates for weekends (Saturday and Sunday x2)
* An unsociable hours premium of 23% between 6pm and 4am
* 25 days holiday plus 8 days public /customary holidays & service-related holidays (pro rata)
* Financial supports towards the cost of your medical and digital driving cards
* Access an exclusive rewards platform including your Müller money, health and lifestyle benefits, Company pension, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, home technology and cycle to work.
* Access the Müller Rewards discount scheme offering over 800 discounts online and in-store and the potential to make savings across grocery and clothes shopping, holidays, insurance, gifts and more
* Have pride in what you achieve as a member of a team
* Be provided with a free corporate uniform
* Free onsite secured colleague car parking