£57 - £65 per day
Permanent (Full time)
Alternative Provision Teaching Assistant
We are working with an Alternative Provision, in the Dartmouth area, the school is for students who are unable to attend mainstream school for reasons ranging from illness to having been excluded in previous schools.
Day-to-day duties: 9am-3pm
* Support the Teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
* Raise standards of achievement for all pupils, assist in areas some may find a struggle
* Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
* Provide support for their emotional, social and physical welfare
* Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
* To work under the direction of the Line Manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed Desired skills
* Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
* How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them etc.
* Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
* Communication skills both to students and work colleagues Personal qualities
* Motivated and enthusiastic
* A confident communicator
* Professionally presented
* Punctual and reliable
* Strong-minded individual Desired qualifications GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades 9-4/A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2, NVQ Level 3 or higher and ideally a driver. We are also interested in hearing from candidates with Family Support experience and Health Care Assist experience/ Support Worker.
Future prospects Full-Time employment, and contracted work available for the right applicants. We can also offer discounted and valuable training in order to help you in your role, and a full and comprehensive school induction.
Posted 48 days ago