Manager, Public Relations
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
I feel really lucky to be surroundedby such a great team. I’m not only grateful that they’ve helped me achieve my goals, but also that I can give them a place where they can achieve theirs.
- MICHAEL KORS -
We have an exciting opportunity for a PR Managerwho will keep us connected to the fashion and culture in the UK and Northern European Markets. The Manager will be directly responsible for the UK and Northern Europe markets and will lead, manage, develop and deliver the PR strategies for this dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative brand. Whilst managing and supporting the PR coordinator, the manager will work with the European PR Team and closely with the EMEA Brand Marketing, Events, Digital Communications, Wholesale Marketing, Retail Marketing, E-commerce, Licensing, and Franchisee teams to ensure all messaging is cohesive and Omni-channel.
What you'll do:
- Proactively and creatively develop & execute seasonal & integrated Michael Kors Collection and MICHAEL Michael Kors EMEA PR strategies that include all business channels: retail, wholesale, VIP, social and digital.
- Contribute to and implement all Global PR activity
- Distribute all communications material and press releases, within EMEA managed markets.
- Manage interview requests, drafting responses where necessary, selecting suitable imagery to accompany each interview / feature and seeking press approval where necessary on images.
- Establish strong press relationships and build international connections across all targeted media
- Understand the importance of digital / social media and its importance within the changing media landscape
- Proactively pitch editorial content on and off line to relevant outlets across consumer, trade and national media.
- Manage all media and sample trafficking requests and ensure we engage audiences with consistent storytelling that focuses on fashion and culture.
- Report directly into the PR Director and Senior PR Director. Initiate and participate in team brainstorming.
- Manage the PR aspect of any potential crisis situation and give advice where necessary.
- Assist with the execution of all event activity, to drive brand awareness and value.
- Set up and attend meetings with journalists/editors keeping them informed of upcoming & relevant projects / issues and maintaining relationships.
- Implement and maintain the press contacts database – ensuring this is kept up to date.
- Knowledge sharing and taking the lead, work cross-functionally and in tandem with other EMEA teams; Brand marketing, Digital, Retail marketing and Events members on initiatives. Identifying insights, opportunities and KPIs for local press activity and campaigns.
- Measure performance of campaigns, communicating successes and strategies to stakeholders across the business.
- Support and manage working relationships with other EMEA departments to enable the best results are secured for the company and the PR department.
- Support seasonal show planning being responsible of the UK and Northern European markets seating and media requests and other press and digital communications related activities: Press conferences, Michael Kors scheduled local interviews and personal appearances.
- Plan and support seasonal press days to ensure all media are fully informed of the Michael Kors seasonal message.
What you'll need:
- Strong Leadership and team management is critical
- Previous experience in Public Relations Management with a proven track record in building a brand in a fast paced, multi-national company during a period of extensive and rapid growth.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the changing luxury fashion industry landscape on and offline.
- Experience within fashion, lifestyle and culture with a strong knowledge of the UK and North Europe is essential.
- You will be a strong people communicator, addressing various stakeholders, press and industry figures, and your team.
- Excellent communications and time management skills, must have polished media relation skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English is a must, European Language skills preferred
- Strong skill set in strategic development, conceptualizing, idea creation, organization and thinking outside the box.
- Ability to manage a team, organize, prioritize and multitask effectively
- Demonstrated success with highest value media (press, digital, social, event, non-traditional).
- Seasoned traveller with ability to frequently travel Pan EU/Internationally
- You will be comfortable at driving the strategic thinking, developing and executing high level plans for local and global markets, and having a commercial drive whilst getting involved in more tactical day to day operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred – ideally in, Public Relations, Journalism, digital communications or a related field.
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V