Welder Fabricator - Read | Zoek UK | 72c43f
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Read, Lancashire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Days: 7:30am - 4:15pm Monday to Thursday, 7:30am-12:30pm Friday. 38 hours per week. Candidates are required to be flexible in terms of shifts where necessary. Shift allowance will be paid.
We are working with a world leading precision manufacturing Company in the Burnley area who are looking to recruit on a permanent basis for an experienced, skilled MIG/TIG Welder Fabricator to join their team. Reporting to the Works Manager your new role will include the following:
* Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
* Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using MIG/MAG and TIG processes.
* Welding must meet both the Company's Quality, and ASME standards. (Welders are tested every 6 months).
* Manually handle weights up to 25kg.
* Use of hand fettling/grinding tools.
* Perform welding tasks productively.
* Read and complete tasks to meet technical drawings, work with, and understand weld symbols and weld procedures (WPS).
* May have contact with small amounts of grinding dust/welding fume containing stainless steel.
* Occasional Visual Display/Display Screen Equipment work for data purposes.
* Work to lean theory.
* Observe and practice the 5S principles.
* Complete quality documentation.
* Contribute in a team working environment.
* Contribute to continuous improvement.
* Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as press brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
* Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
* Set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
* Bends and straighten metal by hammering, chipping and grinding it.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to use own initiative to work as an individual or as part of a team unsupervised.
* Ability to operate computer equipment for data purposes.
* Ability to read engineering drawings and engineering quality plans.
* Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
* A methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
* Ability to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions.
* Knowledge of Welding Equipment both MIG/MAG & TIG, and be proficient in assigned welding techniques.
* Prior experience of operating robot welders would be advantageous.
* Seam weld experience would be preferred.
* Experience of using laser equipment is desirable.
* Time served Welder/Fabricator